Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: A Clockwork Swiss

Drogo

Christina orders the retrieval of sensitive documents in Zurich in order to prevent economic and political disaster, but the mission turns into a three way battle. Meanwhile, Asha's trust in Elena proves to be misplaced and leaves Bryan vulnerable.

This was a real bait-and-switch episode. Previews made it look like Bryan was a target to be taken out by his team. Not. I liked the subject of this episode, a politician using the team to save his own career (I know ... surprise), but I got lost in the execution. Bryan got the "package" quite by accident (who hired the hit on that guy?) while everyone else thought the package was the satchel the guy tossed into the car? And I was completely lost with the bank job, I didn't have a clue who anyone was or what side anyone was on. I don't recognize any of the team members. Then besides the stupid Swiss bank job, there's even stupider Ashia. You have all that security (installed by Bryan I guess) and you leave your front door open and the key code panel exposed so anyone could walk in and access it. Which someone did. And if someone cuts their hand and blood isn't gushing onto the sidewalk, that person can wait a few minutes without any need for panic. Overall, a very disappointing episode of what was/is (?) my favorite new show. I did like Bryan being told to wear red shoes for the package meet though. Gotta love a hot guy in red Keds.

Another case that despite the technology used it seems like a prequel to the movie. A sex scandal with a live boy may have once spiked a career, but today when a boy is actually a man? That you will take the chance to blackmail a black operations agency that had just assassinated the Defense Secretary's Chief of Staff is desperation in the extreme. Was this the first time that we have seen the female field operative? In the end she doesn't survive to be one of Bryan's retired golfing buddies that helped him get back his daughter and wife in the movies.