Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Big Trouble in the Big Apple

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

Ugh

I know this is an old episode, and I'm probably the only one this far behind (and bothering to talk about it) but here goes. FWIW, I'm usually on "Chloe's side" in terms of disliking how everything at ALDC is biased toward Maddie.

I have such a hard time following the manufactured drama on this show, but I don't think Melissa did anything so wrong, at least not to warrant the reaction from Christie and Kelly. Abby only decided to enter the duet at the last second (though I don't know if it's even possible to enter a number the day of). It seemed like Melissa told the other moms pretty soon after that, and unprompted.

Did she know it was a possibility earlier than that? Yes. But I don't think she was wrong for not mentioning it. If Abby decided not to enter the duet, then everyone would have gotten worked up for no reason.

And I don't understand what lie Maddie is being accused of telling, but I was seriously sad when she said, "I guess we're not friends anymore." :(

I do think it's a shame that Abby didn't have enough faith in Chloe and Paige. I'm surprised none of the moms pointed out that if Abby hadn't entered Maddie's duet, C/P would have taken first place.

I'm not even going to dignify the slap fest with a remark.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 10:14 PM, takalotti said:

Ugh

I know this is an old episode, and I'm probably the only one this far behind (and bothering to talk about it) but here goes. FWIW, I'm usually on "Chloe's side" in terms of disliking how everything at ALDC is biased toward Maddie.

I have such a hard time following the manufactured drama on this show, but I don't think Melissa did anything so wrong, at least not to warrant the reaction from Christie and Kelly. Abby only decided to enter the duet at the last second (though I don't know if it's even possible to enter a number the day of). It seemed like Melissa told the other moms pretty soon after that, and unprompted.

Did she know it was a possibility earlier than that? Yes. But I don't think she was wrong for not mentioning it. If Abby decided not to enter the duet, then everyone would have gotten worked up for no reason.

And I don't understand what lie Maddie is being accused of telling, but I was seriously sad when she said, "I guess we're not friends anymore." :(

I do think it's a shame that Abby didn't have enough faith in Chloe and Paige. I'm surprised none of the moms pointed out that if Abby hadn't entered Maddie's duet, C/P would have taken first place.

I'm not even going to dignify the slap fest with a remark.

Kelly's just too high strung for this show! To this day, I think a lot of her problems had to do with alcohol! She drank more on the show than I have in my entire life! She literally works herself into a lather at times; been doing it since season 3 of the ALDC showcase where everyone does past performances for local fans! Abby wanted to give Paige a new dance, but instead of appreciating the work Abby was going to put in her daughter, both decided to whine about not being able to do an older dance that Abby thought she didn't perform well in the 1st place! That was the occasion where Abby took away Paige's solo and gave it to Maddie! Kelly literally lost her freakin' mind, taking both Paige and Brooke out of the showcase! That's on her as far as I'm concerned! With this last slap-fest in Season 4, Kelly was so enraged by Kalani and Kira coming into the dressing room, she fabricated the drama, not even repeating back the actual words of Abby; pretty much making up her own dialogue and facts! Again, she caused that conflict and it would have been appropriate for her arse to go to jail assaulting Abby like that in front of all the kids! Her countersuit was ridiculous and all she ended up getting was repayment for cameramen scratching her hardwood floors in her home! Idiotic! She was never missed by me; Kelly or her spoiled brats! ;-)