Type keyword(s) to search

Kelly Severide: Smokin' on the Job, Smokin' with the Ladies

• Start Topic

I just realized we didn't have a thread for Severide yet! How is this possible?

Overall, I love the character. I think he's one heck of a good firefighter, and although he does have his flaws - who doesn't? - he is basically a really good guy. He's there for his friends and co-workers, as well as his family. He's even there for those who doesn't really know but believes need his help, such as the Denver firefighter down on his luck.

The main thing that I didn't like as far as his storylines was the early one last season, regarding his shoulder injury. As someone who also battles a serious physical disability and requires major painkillers just to get through the day, I really hated how this was dealt with. First, TPTB show us a Severide who is so impaired he can barely do his job. Then, he undergoes a magic treatment and is 100% cured, all within an episode?? Please.

Although I'm sorry to have lost his relationship with his newfound sister Katie - although no one has specified one way or another, something tells me the actress won't be back, at least not anytime soon - I am enjoying his newly blossoming relationship with Det. Erin Lindsay on Chicago PD. I think they work well together, both as far as physical chemistry, intelligence and just plain goofing around - these are all important qualities to making a couple work.

What do you all think of the newly blossoming relationship with Lindsay? Is there any real chance of anything much here? Or will it just be another Severide Fling?

At least in Lindsay's case, she is a main character on the show that often crosses over with this one, so it's not just she can just randomly disappear the way that Severide's other lady friends have...

I liked the way this week showed Severide and Lindsay...they are both such damaged people, but it's clear that they really care for one another and desperately needed comforting. I just hope neither hurts the other, as we have seen that Severide isn't much for relationships and according to Voight on Chicago PD, neither is Lindsay...

I just got into this show and finished binge watching it. I have to say that Severide is my favorite character on it. He makes watching the show worth it for me. 

As far as past relationships, I loved his relationship with Shay the most and still miss Shay as well as that relationship.

As far as his actual relationships, I have the probably UO of thinking that his relationship with Brittany was the best out of all of them. It also seemed the most realistic to me. I didn't really buy the other ones, especially him and Lindsay.

On 4/22/2014 at 1:12 PM, SnarkySheep said:

I just realized we didn't have a thread for Severide yet! How is this possible?

Overall, I love the character. I think he's one heck of a good firefighter, and although he does have his flaws - who doesn't? - he is basically a really good guy. He's there for his friends and co-workers, as well as his family. He's even there for those who doesn't really know but believes need his help, such as the Denver firefighter down on his luck.

The main thing that I didn't like as far as his storylines was the early one last season, regarding his shoulder injury. As someone who also battles a serious physical disability and requires major painkillers just to get through the day, I really hated how this was dealt with. First, TPTB show us a Severide who is so impaired he can barely do his job. Then, he undergoes a magic treatment and is 100% cured, all within an episode?? Please.

Although I'm sorry to have lost his relationship with his newfound sister Katie - although no one has specified one way or another, something tells me the actress won't be back, at least not anytime soon - I am enjoying his newly blossoming relationship with Det. Erin Lindsay on Chicago PD. I think they work well together, both as far as physical chemistry, intelligence and just plain goofing around - these are all important qualities to making a couple work.

ITA with all of this, except for the relationship with Lindsay. But completely agree with all the rest and I really enjoyed his relationship with his sister until they ruined her to get back at him. That I really hated but all the rest of it, completely loved. I hope to see more of that some time.

IMO the relationship with Lindsay could've been good. Severide needs a strong woman to keep him on the right path and also not put up with his BS. Lindsay definitely qualifies. Unfortunately, due to scheduling problems between the two shows, TPTB had to break them up before they really even got started.

• Love 1

So is it just me that forgot that Taylor Kinney actually has some pretty large tattoos?  One at least covers half of his back... and Severide has none.  (At the gala in season 4, they messed up and forgot to cover one on his hand, which is how I remembered.) 

I think I just figured out where the show's money goes:  Taylor Kinney's Tattoo Coverage Make-up Budget.

Well, they’ve been making good use of their money because I had no idea he was that tattooed. And they make him take his shirt off pretty darn often!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Well, they’ve been making good use of their money because I had no idea he was that tattooed. And they make him take his shirt off pretty darn often!

Agree!  And he has a small one on his forearm - they must cover that one daily. 

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think Season 5 is peak Severide hotness.  The buzzcut was working for him.

His transition towards silver Fox in the last couple of seasons is also pretty good.

• Fire 1
21 hours ago, anna0852 said:

His transition towards silver Fox in the last couple of seasons is also pretty good.

He looks good all the time, don't get me wrong. 😉  I just forgot that the slightly shorter hair was hot too. I do love me a Silver Fox, for sure...