Type keyword(s) to search

Let's Gush About The Most Memorable Moment In Santa Clarita Diet's Series Premiere

DO NOT WATCH THIS WHILE OR RIGHT AFTER EATING.
You can thank me later.
TBS, the first episode was pretty funny. I think it gets even better as it goes on. They had to lay down the main premise, but from what I've heard it gets pretty wild.

My mom wanted to watch this, she like Timothy Olyphant apparently. We watched the first 2 episodes. It might have promise, but everyone was trying too hard. Most of the characters are shallow and terrible. The main couple and their daughter are standing around with their neighbors on either side. The mom to the left tells Drew and Tim's daughter that she's their son's "main spank bank" son says "mom!" embarrassedly, but no one else objects. There is a lot of other gross, objectionable dialogue and Drew and Tim just stand there grinning awkwardly. We might watch a couple more, but zombieness aside this is not good. And Drew still can't act, she's very wooden.

• Sad 1

I get why a lot of people didn't like this.  The pilot is a fairly good litmus test to see if you will like the show.  There are a lot of things people who do not like the show point out as horrible and inappropriate that i almost died laughing.  The mother dies not tone down at all and her sexual innuendo continues to be inappropriate but that is part of her charm,  

Personality I like Drew and find her sweet and thought she fit in well and although somewhat wooden in the pilot she improved as the show went on.  If you only watched the pilot and got turned off by the vomit scene,..,especially the vomit scene I would highly recommend giving the show a couple more episodes.  If you got turned of my the cursing and the killing and the innuendo well it is fairly static from here. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1