Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Requiem for a Slut

• Start Topic

On 2017-01-06 at 6:15 PM, AEMom said:

I finally saw this episode.  I am actually hoping that the next season is the last season.

I would enjoy seeing how the Gallaghers actually manage to rise above the hardships and find a modicom of success. There would be little hurdles along the way, but I'd like to see Fiona become successful with her real estate, Debbie to finish her welding course, Carl to continue succeeding in military school, Lip to stay sober and go back to school, Ian to continue being an EMT and stay on his meds,  and Liam to remain on the straight and narrow.

I really hope that they don't make it all come crashing down. 

I would find that really disappointing actually  Realistically one or more of these kids would flame out or at least not go very far. This show has always been upfront about honoring the real life Gallaghers and being true to their experiences. Even if that means seeing Debbie get knocked up again or Ian go off his meds and end up living under a bridge or Carl to get shot in some random drive by. That's how these kids live and I think its important not just to show how "bootstraps" don't work but that the whole system is broken and kids just like the Gallaghers suffer because of it.

• Love 4
On 1/25/2017 at 3:56 PM, Emily Thrace said:

I would find that really disappointing actually  Realistically one or more of these kids would flame out or at least not go very far. This show has always been upfront about honoring the real life Gallaghers and being true to their experiences. Even if that means seeing Debbie get knocked up again or Ian go off his meds and end up living under a bridge or Carl to get shot in some random drive by. That's how these kids live and I think its important not just to show how "bootstraps" don't work but that the whole system is broken and kids just like the Gallaghers suffer because of it.

I agree. What I like about this show is that there isn't a moral at the end of every episode. The show itself has a lot of unrealistic parts, but for the most part, they don't sugar coat things. Their lives are a hot mess .

• Love 2