Type keyword(s) to search

The Letty Dobesh Chronicles

Ok in the first novella, Letty leaves Daphne holding the shotgun on Arnold, the hit man. A week later, she still sees nothing in the newspaper, and sees the husband in a hotel. She confronts him and he gets all nervous saying he had no choice, Daphne is a monster who thrives on others pain. Letty doesn't believe him and leaves. She goes to the house with a gun and in the basement she finds Arnold tied up, hanging from the ceiling with a lot on wounds and bloody. He's barely alive. Daphne comes up behind her in a rubber apron and gloves all bloody and a long knife . She says she told her husband to give her a week with Arnold. She begins to act threatening to Letty and Letty shoots her.  Letty says she'll help Arnold, but he begs for her to shoot him.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 1

So, I've had the book for a couple of months, and finally got around to reading it.  I think my hesitation was that I'm really not a fan of Blake Crouch's writing style,  after struggling through the Wayward Pines series.  Anyway,  back to Letty.  The first story, wow.  I totally didn't expect that ending.  Damn, that was dark.  Now I'm 1/2 way through the second story.  I'm not having to force myself, like I did with Wayward Pines, but it's not a page turner.

I don't think I have ever said this about a book v/s a movie or tv show before,  but in the case of Blake Crouch, the book is NOT better, at least IMO.  It's different, and much darker, but like I said, I'm not a fan of his style of writing.