Type keyword(s) to search

Season Five: Goodbye Liam James!

GHScorpiosRule

The fifth episode is the last we see if Liam as young Shawn and depressed me to no end. That damned puberty! He was perfect as Wee Shawn and the chemistry with Bernsen and Carlos (young Gus) was simply perfect.

Skykar Gisondo who replaced him just didn't work for me. And I'm glad (selfishly I admit) that the show reduced the opening scenes of 12 year old Shawn. They coulda still have Liam! Camera angles can work wonders! And so what if Liam's  voice was changing! Unless it was Liam who decided not to play Shawn anymore.

The quality of the show also began a downturn for me at this point-making Shawn more of a lazy ass moocher who had no skills to speak of and made to look more and more of a jerk and idiot. I hate the episodes with Declan. And the fact that Shawn and Gus are now on the police payroll instead of consultants brought in. They aren't cops! And as much as I loved seeing (FINALLY!) Ralph Macchio in the show, the episode was just stupid.

And of course hiring Henry as the arbiter as to whether Shawn and Gus should be hired to help with the cases.

The only saving grace and what kept me watching was Gus and Shawn's friendship.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The fifth episode is the last we see if Liam as young Shawn and depressed me to no end. That damned puberty! He was perfect as Wee Shawn and the chemistry with Bernsen and Carlos (young Gus) was simply perfect.

Skykar Gisondo who replaced him just didn't work for me. And I'm glad (selfishly I admit) that the show reduced the opening scenes of 12 year old Shawn. They coulda still have Liam! Camera angles can work wonders! And so what if Liam's  voice was changing! Unless it was Liam who decided not to play Shawn anymore.

The quality of the show also began a downturn for me at this point-making Shawn more of a lazy ass moocher who had no skills to speak of and made to look more and more of a jerk and idiot. I hate the episodes with Declan. And the fact that Shawn and Gus are now on the police payroll instead of consultants brought in. They aren't cops! And as much as I loved seeing (FINALLY!) Ralph Macchio in the show, the episode was just stupid.

And of course hiring Henry as the arbiter as to whether Shawn and Gus should be hired to help with the cases.

The only saving grace and what kept me watching was Gus and Shawn's friendship.

Liam  the best younger Shawn, I really wish they had kept him too. And hated how they changed Shawn. They always managed to keep Shawn cool without turning him into a lazy moocher in the first few seasons I don't know why that changed. It was one reason why I didn't want to watch the show back when season one was airing because I assumed that's what his character would be. But when I started watching I was pleasantly surprised that wasn't the case. Yeah, he was funny, goofy, and often acted like a twelve year old but he also paid his own bills and was smart. I don't know why they felt the need to change him.

I'm torn about Henry because I thought it would be great to see him working with the police department again, he always seemed like the type not ready to retire but I didn't like him being in charge of whether or not Shawn got hired. I liked loved the scenes we got with Shawn going to him when he was stuck on a case. Maybe if they gave him a different job at the police station, or maybe just a different job in general.

But I did like Romeo and Juliet and Juliet, also Not Even Close...Encounters with their old friend Freddie Prinze Jr and of course Despereaux.

• Love 1

I forgot how awesome Gus was with the employee of the martial arts class. 

Shawn: That's what I call, uh...
Gus: Discrimination. And ageism.
Employee: Who are you?
Gus: I'm his lawyer.
Employee: You brought a lawyer?
Shawn: I keep a lawyer on retainer at all times; there is so much injustice in the world you practically can't leave the house without one. 

Employee: Right. Ok, well I will see you in court then. Now—

Gus: Perfect. I'll need a statement from you, and since I intend to try this in both civil and criminal court, I'll need the police here as well. May I use your phone? Or do you only let the white people use that?
Employee: Who said anything about white people?!
Gus: You just did.
Employee: The words 'white people' did not come out of my mouth.
Gus: There they are again. Luckily I had my hand recorder on for that one. [Produces a hand recorder] By the way, I am now disclosing this conversation is being recorded.
Employee: Recorded?! Okay, this is crazy!
Gus: Crazy? You wanna know crazy? I sued 300 businesses last year alone. I sued a hot dog cart and got everything but the wheels and the buns, which I won in the civil case two months later.
Gus:  Now if you don't mind, before I start snapping evidence photos, I'm a little parched. Can you tell me which one of these fountains I'm allowed to use?
Employee: That one. [Indicates the adult fountain]
Gus: Death Glare
Employee: I mean... you pick, sir.

• Love 5

I'm watching Dual Spires right now, which is a highlight of this season. 

Plus, lots of sympathetic crying Gus.

I wish they had brought Ray Wise's Father Westley back, he was fun.

Gus: Father Westley! Thank God you were here. Literally.
Shawn: We were about to be wicker men. How did you find us?
Father Westley: I just had faith.
Shawn: Really?
Father Westley: No.

Ha!

• Love 3

The next line is the best! 

Father Westley: No, boys. I just got to town and saw the fire. I saw the tandem bicycle outside. It all added up.

Edited by Remlab
Looked up actual quote
  • Love 4