Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E16: Week 8

I think Daisy's in trouble again.  Possibly joined by one of Ed, Greg or the Judge?  I missed Ed due to the power going out, but the clip at the end looked bad.

Danny is beautiful.

I suspect Louise isn't getting as many votes as the judges think she should.  She dances well, but I don't get much of a personality from her (same problem Daisy has).

Daisy/Aljaz - club dancing 101, with Aljaz a bit more interested in the camera than his partner. I don't think she'll escape the dance-off again.

Claudia/AJ - nice, neat, the height difference still noticeable, along with his peachy backside (always more noticeable because of his posture with her). A wretched version of a song that might have worked otherwise. Bottom 2 likely, sad to say, as they don't deserve it.

Ore/Joanne - He did the arms well and gave a believable performance in terms of passion (if not hips), but he and Joanne continue to have zero chemistry, and she looked sour and disconnected. They just don't gel at all. 

Danny/Oti - Awful song aside, I liked this. Lots of intensity, and it didn't go sleepytime halfway through like Louise did last week. Not what it could have been, but I'm not really into the AT anyway. 

Louise/Kevin - I was surprised to hear Kevin get praise for not outdancing his partner as I thought that's just what he did. He repeatedly put in moments that put the focus on him (knee walks, comedy falling to the ground), rather than her. Plenty of comedy gurning too. Louise seemed to enjoy this dance, for once, and gave what was for her a fun performance, but all I remember was Kevin making it all about himself. 

Greg/Natalie - Better than I thought it would be, for whatever that's worth. His facial expression or lack thereof is very distracting though. 

Rinder/Oksana - His face continues to seem "off" to me when he dances, and his dancing is just sort of clumpy and average. It's nice that he isn't doing comedy now, but without comedy he's still just a mediocre dancer.

Ed/Katya - I was surprised at how good the lifts were (aside from the first one) and Katya put some great, fun choreography in there (let's not talk about when he stood over her face). I genuinely enjoyed this, especially when it got going halfway through. I don't think he's "good" per se, but I don't really believe he's much worse than about 3-4 people left and I can't work up any of the usual fandom outrage about how he might stay and various precious ponies might go.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Occasional Hope said:

I think Daisy's in trouble again.  Possibly joined by one of Ed, Greg or the Judge?  I missed Ed due to the power going out, but the clip at the end looked bad.

Danny is beautiful.

I suspect Louise isn't getting as many votes as the judges think she should.  She dances well, but I don't get much of a personality from her (same problem Daisy has).

Ed was amazing! Was it a good salsa? Of course not! I don't really care though. If I lived in the UK, I'd be voting for him every. single. week. 

Danny is beautiful and him and Ore are beautiful together. I haven't really warmed up to them but I do think they are the front runners at this point. Louise is dull and Claudia doesn't quite seem to have reached her full potential. I'd probably pick Claudia as my favorite among the potential winners. I like Ore too but there are 3 members of that partnership: Ore, Joanne, and the camera. Joanne loves that darn camera so much that I think it detracts from the overall effect of Ores's dances. Poor Greg has too much catching up to do to reach the ringers. Daisy is a good dancer but two trips to the dance off is a good indication her support won't be there. I'd say I like her slightly better than Louise although they're both dull. I like Aljaz more than Kevin.

Edited by Dots And Stripes
  • Love 1