Type keyword(s) to search

SpongeBob SquarePants - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Who here has the new episodes they've aired in the past few weeks? I did like the episode "Mermaid Pants", but I thought SpongeBob and Patrick should have took on Manray and the Dirty Bubble by themselves, rather than Squidward and Mr. Krabs dressed up.

I don't actually know this show by seasons because the number of seasons to the number of years it's been on confuses me. But by year, my favorite episodes are the ones up until the time of the first movie. There's post-movie episodes I like too but I think from the start till 2004 were its golden years.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Winter Rose said:

I don't actually know this show by seasons because the number of seasons to the number of years it's been on confuses me. But by year, my favorite episodes are the ones up until the time of the first movie. There's post-movie episodes I like too but I think from the start till 2004 were its golden years.

The show is currently on its 10th season. But yeah, it's a widespread agreement that the first three seasons (1999-2004) are the best. Season 9 (2012-2016) and so far, Season 10 have been really good as well though. Have you seen any episodes in these seasons?

• Love 1
On 11/8/2016 at 0:22 PM, Winter Rose said:

I think my favorite character might actually be Plankton. He's a great combo of evil genius with being stupid and silly. At times I've had trouble distinguishing who's really the bad guy between him and Mr. Krabs.

Plankton! Will always have a special place in my heart.  Mr. Krabs does border on evil sometimes but I really like the actor that portrays Mr. Krabs as well. 

Enh on Sandy.  I think out of the entire gang she is my least fav.  IDK why.  In order for me it would be:

Patrick

Sponbebob

Plankton

Mr. Krabs

Squidward

Pearl/Mrs. Puff/Larry

Sandy

Others:  Squillam, Old Man Jenkins, Scooter, etc.

On 11/8/2016 at 0:22 PM, Winter Rose said:

I think my favorite character might actually be Plankton. He's a great combo of evil genius with being stupid and silly. At times I've had trouble distinguishing who's really the bad guy between him and Mr. Krabs.

The creator of the show seems to consider both of them the bad guy. Plankton is obviously intended to be the bad guy between the two though.

When it comes to side-characters, I've always liked Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. It's just too bad that they (or at least Mermaid Man) may never have a speaking appearance in the show again, due to Ernest Borgnine's death (they've only been seen in cameos since then).

Out of the current two SpongeBob theatrical movies (a third one is planned), which one do you prefer?

I prefer Sponge Out of the Water. I thought it took the best parts of the first movie (SpongeBob and friends going out and saving the Krusty Krab, them being above water), and improved upon them. I liked the whole superhero homage too. It's a really fun movie, overall.

I thought this show had some really good holiday specials, Spongebob's first Christmas is probably my favorite among them. And then I was thinking about how I miss when they'd air that fake commercial for Plankton's Christmas Carols. I wish that was a real album.

• Love 1

I like both of the Christmas specials. I always thought it was interesting how the rest of the residents of Bikini Bottom had no idea what Christmas was, until Sandy told them about it.

• Love 1

Season 3 had a lot of my favorite episodes (SpongeBob BC, The Strangler, Born Again Krabs, I Had An Accident, Plankton's Army, MMBB 5), so I'd have to say that is my favorite season. I have yet to watch the entire seasons beyond Season 5 (which I got the DVD for pretty cheap only a few days ago).

It's time to go with the traditional of doing new episode threads on this site, and do them for SpongeBob. And what better episode to do it on than the 200th overall episode? Also, note that this is the final Season 9 episode to air. Despite the fact that episodes from Season 10 already started airing, Season 9 still had a few episodes left.

Anyway, watch this video for a teaser: 

"Goodbye Krabby Patty" premieres tonight at 7 PM EST. I'll post my thoughts here after the episodes airs.

Edited by Lili
On 3/2/2017 at 10:48 AM, Virtual Side said:

Is there any way I can watch the full episode online? I still haven't seen it.

Not legally, I don't think. But SpongeBob is airing all the time, so chances are, you'll catch a rerun soon enough.

On 3/28/2017 at 3:36 AM, Lili said:

Not legally, I don't think. But SpongeBob is airing all the time, so chances are, you'll catch a rerun soon enough.

I'll just keep trying to catch it on TV.

Fear not, SquarePants, I will watch your new episode soon enough! :P