Type keyword(s) to search

Brooke Logan/KKL

• Start Topic

Here is a very early scene of Brooke and Ridge together. While she is isn't pursuing him, she isn't outright rejecting him, either. And she knows he is seeing Caroline. But Ridge is really a dog if you think about it, since Brooke points out he is seeing Caroline, and his response is basically "...and?".

• Love 1

? that fantasy sequence, though....?

There was an awesome scene after this where Brooke leaves him hanging in the breeze when he thinks she's actually gonna go through with skinny dipping. I nearly did a spit take the first time I saw it....but it does show the girl fans fell in love with. She had her fantasies and there is obviously an element of being starstruck in Brooke's behavior but she doesn't just immediately roll on her back like certain other Avant scions that won't be discussed here (*sigh :( )

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1

Ok Friend, thanks for that! Stuff I noticed..who is more beautiful? KKL or RM? KKL, those green eyes, that natural beauty, that rosebud mouth, that condescending attitude, the flawless skin, flush with youth and lust? Or Ronnie Moss, Empower Ed by that has and those lazy playboy eyes , but minus points for his " I make a heck of a Banana Daiquiri " . More like I make a ... banana Hammock

I admit that entering the show in the 2000s right at the beginning of Ridge the Dictator, his appeal was entirely and completely lost to me. But when I see the early stuff...wow! He even owned those Speedos he was rocking back then!

• Love 1

Glad you made your way here ?

I can't say i did, not until one poster on FB took the painstaking time to post the first seven-eight months' worth of episodes in 1987 before she got the slut from the valley moniker and was just a typical valley girl with girlish, naive fantasies about Ridge and the Forrester family. It was interesting to see that side of her when I'd only gotten to see her in the days of dating Thorne, marrying him just to still be hung up over the Muelletor, then hit the rebound with her son in law.

Liam was never married to Hope :p

I was referring to Deacon in that instance. I, as a young naive kid, hated Brooke for coming between Thorne and Macy's as it was and the thing with Deacon was icing on the cake.

Looking back on  it, Deacon was wasted on Bridget IMO. I mean, if he hadn't cheated with Brooke, he'd have gotten bored and tried for Amber again or moved on to someone else. But had Brooke and Deacon just been a secret fling, it'd been a lot easier to root for them and for Brooke.

Deacon was a big risk the producers took. Up until then, Brooke was (for the most part) a good mother, to the point that even people who disliked her (like Stephanie) occasionally saw that as Brooke's one saving grace. She crossed that line with Deacon, and yet, somehow, it still worked for me. It helped that KKL and Sean Kanan had some really hot chemistry. It also helped that the story itself was well done, and also very well acted, especially by Jennifer Finnigan once Bridgette found out. That was the first time I saw JF as a really good actress; up till then, I thought she was ok, but nothing special.

What also helped was, Brooke was allowed to mature and grow up a bit after Hope was born. It was a nice evolution to the character, realizing she had seriously fucked up and wanted to be a better mother for Hope. And for the most part, that change in Brooke did take...until the writers decided we needed another who-is-the-daddy baby drama with Brooke and Ridge, this time with Nick included. And of course, the best way to initiate that story would be to have Brooke do The Sex with Nick hours after they all thought Ridge was dead...ugh.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2