Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Surf N Turf

Lisin

21 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Good point.  

Maybe her maiden name was different. I'm able to hand wave it because I can't see anyone in LA caring enough to look into who Riggs was married to in El Paso and make the connection.  

I doubt her maiden name was different from her father's and it's usually in a obit, along with the names of surviving family. 

It's odd to me that neither Murtaugh nor the captain(?) bothered to do the barest bit of research once they found out about the dead wife. When people get a leg up or second chance out of nowhere the obvious answer is nepotism. Why not look into it for 7 seconds and find the connection. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Watermelon said:

I doubt her maiden name was different from her father's and it's usually in a obit, along with the names of surviving family. 

It's odd to me that neither Murtaugh nor the captain(?) bothered to do the barest bit of research once they found out about the dead wife. When people get a leg up or second chance out of nowhere the obvious answer is nepotism. Why not look into it for 7 seconds and find the connection. 

So am I the only one who immediately googles new employees in the workplace? Even if they aren't acting crazy? Ok just me then. <g> That being said if the City Attorney has a common name like Perez maybe it won't be so glaringly obvious. But personally I think it is just a matter of time. 

• Love 3

Nobody bothering to do a background check on Riggs (i.e. simply Google the guy) does require some hand-waving. As does his father-in-law having a picture of his daughter's wedding to the unhinged detective on full display in his office. Sooner or later someone from the Police department is bound to waltz in there and take notice - my money's on Avery.