Type keyword(s) to search

Scriptbooks & DA Extras

Although we have discussed about Fellowes's own comments in many threads, I begin to a new thread to discuss whether you agree or disagree with them, or whether his intentions are what we see in the series.

12 hours ago, PBSLover said:

What do you mean exactly? Did his words on a page get properly communicated by the actors? 

I mean his comments in the script books.

As for "properly communicated by the actors",  a good actor can say even "I love you" in hundred ways".

I heartily recommend the scriptbooks which contain not only the original uncut versions of each episode but also JF's commentary.  He did them for Series 1-3, but there are no plans to do any more. Also, the press packs for Series 1-4 and 6 are available online.  For whatever reason, they did not do one for Series 5.  They're mostly interviews with the cast and crew, plus character descriptions, but if you like that sort of thing, you might want to check them out.

• Love 1
On 8/16/2016 at 11:32 PM, Badger said:

I heartily recommend the scriptbooks which contain not only the original uncut versions of each episode but also JF's commentary.  He did them for Series 1-3, but there are no plans to do any more. Also, the press packs for Series 1-4 and 6 are available online.  For whatever reason, they did not do one for Series 5.  They're mostly interviews with the cast and crew, plus character descriptions, but if you like that sort of thing, you might want to check them out.

I have them as well. I love reading any scripts as I like to see where the project started off and see what it evolved into. Still wish they would have done it for the last seasons though. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jadecorleone said:

I have them as well. I love reading any scripts as I like to see where the project started off and see what it evolved into. Still wish they would have done it for the last seasons though. 

I always wonder what scenes were just not done at all and which ones were filmed but not used.  

I would love to see "Call the Midwife" scriptbooks.