Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Chapter 18

Francis negotiates unconventionally with the Chinese and pays homage to history. Lucas goes to the extreme to seek justice, but in doing so he walks right into the trap the FBI had set for him on Doug's behalf. Team Underwood expands under dark circumstances. Claire advocates for sexual assault victims.

I kept expecting Frank to do violence to his playacting ancestor dude. Hit him in the face, sock him in the gut, something. Not sure if that's because Spacey's version of "intensely interested" is coming across as "considering homicide" or I'm now just trained to think that Frank is primed to kill all people at all times.

• Love 4

Gawd everyone with a shred of integrity gets destroyed. Lucas is the latest sacrifice. Perhaps that's what the shows message is. Washington is irrevocably morally unrecoverable, and those that even attempt to expose it are unmercifully squashed. I suppose they cannot have the walls close in on Frank too soon if they want the show to go on for at least 5 seasons, but for the love of small mercies please let there at least be some token victories for the good guys, that is if there are any left.

• Love 3

I have to say I wasn't too surprised that Lucas walked right into a trap. I mean, from what I could tell, he basically Googled "Hacking 101." What did he think was going to happen? That hacker informant guy (can't remember his name), tried to tell him that what he was doing was extremely dangerous, but Lucas just waved him off and didn't listen. I think he had delusions of being Woodward or Bernstein 2.0, and that, combined with his grief about Zoey, made him extremely careless and reckless.

I think Tusk is at least as big an asshole as Frank, and in some ways, I find him even more evil and draconian. He uses the president to help him amass even more wealth, and doesn't think there's anything wrong with that -- in fact, he seems to think it's his right to do so. And what's more disturbing is that you know he isn't a purely fictional character.

• Love 3