Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Intruders

Mary is presumed dead, so Elizabeth seeks her crown with assistance from Lola. Meanwhile, Mary's half brother tries to safeguard her throne from John Knox; and Mary and Bash wind up in the clutches of the intimidating clan leader who killed Francis.

Promo:

Mary's entrance into the castle with everyone quickly bowing to her while she claimed her thrown covered in blood was a great scene. 

Nice to see Lola interact with Narcisse, someone other than Elizabeth again. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I was literally going, "FUCK YEAH THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE AN ENTRANCE!" I hope John Knox peed himself.

Plus holy shit, stabbing Monroe with her jewelry even after hearing his sad story, that was amazing. I was a little annoyed that he made the connection from sword to genuine queen so fast -- wouldn't any man who loved his wife enough to make her a sword be willing to call her his queen? -- but so long as he knew who was killing him and why, I'm good. Props to Bash for setting the frikkin' camp on fire to cause a distraction too.

I wonder what Catherine had sewn into that dress she was wearing? I'll bet she's just armored with poison.

The letter Lola got was silly as shit. Even if Mary had been stupid/callous enough to send that kind of order, she would have given her a better idea of what to do exactly. In any case the ship is waiting, Lola should just grab the baby and go, and when asked say that she wasn't able to get into position to kill Elizabeth when the need to leave court was so pressing. She knows she'll be answering to Mary, and this is a woman who publicly forgave her for having her husband's child. Lola should not have to worry about the Wrath of Mary. John Knox however...

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 2

Wrong Bloody Mary, but still a great entrance! She has become far more Catherine's "daughter" than Claude will ever be! (In fact, for all of Catherine's plotting, I can't recall her having too many successes.) Lola, indeed, should have just left. Even Elizabeth would have understood where her primary allegiances should lie. I'm liking Scotland a lot! The multiple locations make the show feel richer.

• Love 2

OMG, John Barrowman on Reign.  Everything I needed but never knew I wanted.  His real accent?  In a kilt?  Dancing?  I do wish he got to share a screen with Craig Parker, but Mary was so badass that I'm not even mad at her for killing him.  

Catherine was of course, sublime.  I loved her calling Leith an idiot!  heh.  I don't even dislike him but it's so true.