Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: / S8.E08: Buenos Aires

(edited)

NOTE: this episode was intended to be the S7 finale on 06/12/16, but the episode was pre-empted by breaking news. CNN decided to hold the episode until S8 and rescheduled it to air on 11/20/16.

Bourdain’s trip to meat-centric Buenos Aires during the hot summer month of February features a meal with chef Francis Mallmann at one of his favorite local spots, Don Carlito's, and an after-hours soccer match accompanied by Soledad Nardelli and the kitchen staff of Chila.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

It doesn't look like it's going to air tonight (Sunday, June 19) either. It's too bad as I was really looking forward to this one.

You'd think that either CNN or Anthony would post something about when/if the episode will air. I can't imagine they just won't ever show it.

My guess is that they didn't want to go up against the triple threat of Father's Day, Game 7 of the NBA finals, and episode 9 of Game of Thrones (which is traditionally the big battle episode) last night. Now the question is whether they will air this against the GoT season finale next week or wait one more week.

Although this episode was filmed much earlier this year (January/February), there was some timeliness in his remark: "There's something frightening about crowds. What if they all decide to do one thing at the same time? Starts as a party. Five minutes larer it's like Nazi Germany."

• Love 1

I knew I would love this episode and I did.  My husband went to Buenos Aires several years ago and loved it but I never was able to get a feeling for the place until seeing this.  Sometimes Tony hits the nail on the head with a place.  I want a CD of that Tango music from the cafe.  I also want the holodeck setting for that place.  That would be my go to place to brood.  I'd also love to bring a picnic lunch to watch the airplanes take off!

• Love 1

I swear someone doesn't want me to see this episode for some reason my tivo didn't record it last week and this week when it did puck it up they replaced it with Cuba because of Castro's death! I guess I will have to suffer through my awful on demand!

Lord knows I am a meatatarian - I love the stuff!  But all that meat didn't seem to have any different seasoning on it - and I was multitasking while watching, but I don't recall any discussion of any rubs, marinades, or anything.  Seems like it would all taste the same after a while.