Type keyword(s) to search

Enjoying the Cabana Boys: Gone (But Not Forgotten) Past Characters

• Start Topic

Given how many characters have come and gone in this show, who are the ones you miss, and the ones you;re glad left and never came back?

Given the title, obviously, I think I probably miss Sally the most. Of course, I do also miss quite a few others, like Macy, Donna, Sheila, Maggie, Stephanie, James, Lauren, Margo, Clarke, and Felicia.

• Love 1

I also liked her friendship with Eric. I think it was one of the few platonic relationships this show has had between a man and woman.

Granted, had she stayed on the show longer, I'm sure they would have "gone there", so to speak, eventually.

• Love 1

It seemed like Margo had a thing for Eric in the very beginning. Of course, she ended up with Bill Sr. and then later Clark.

I wished TIIC had made better use of her son Mark on the show. You'd think with Bridget being a doctor that pairing would write itself. And bonus that he had a brother close to his age that she could have a semi incestuous triangle with (better than one involving Brooke and Nick, for damn sure).

• Love 1
(edited)

And she also had something with Ridge, too. And I enjoyed her prickly relationships with Stephani and Caroline.

The thing with Mark was, it seemed like they were going for a Mark/Bridgette/CJ triangle, and I remember liking it initially. But they jettisoned that when they decided to expand the Marones and brought in Oz (or whatever his name was) as a love interest for Bridgette.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2

Oscar, actually.

I loved the Marones, but I think there was room enough on the show for both them and the Spectras to coexist and even occasionally team up when Stephanie inevitably pissed off one of the families. I realize Darlene Conley's health was in decline the last year she was on the show before her passing, but certainly CJ could have gone on to head the company, no? Or Aly even?

• Love 1

There were other mistakes*, as well, but overall, the general intention comes through, and it's nice to remember both the actors and characters no longer with us.

*They list Michael Fox's character Saul as being on the show from 1986 to 1996, which, not possible, since the show itself didn't debut until 1987, and Saul first appeared in 1989.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 1
On 9/20/2021 at 2:40 PM, Hiyo said:

There were other mistakes*, as well, but overall, the general intention comes through, and it's nice to remember both the actors and characters no longer with us.

*They list Michael Fox's character Saul as being on the show from 1986 to 1996, which, not possible, since the show itself didn't debut until 1987, and Saul first appeared in 1989.

I think it's a nice reminder of those who are gone.  I did think the graphics were odd though... a cartoon dead body lying on the floor and packets of cocaine for Jeff Conaway, who died of a drug overdose?  The voice is strange too, like the guy has a cold.

Regarding the topic of characters we would want to return, I have long thought that Bradley doesn't do enough with his rich stable of characters and actors who would probably like to appear more often.  I'd love to see Jackie and Felicia again.  Bridget on a regular basis.  And more Donna.  Quinn seeking comfort with Carter because Eric can't satisfy her?  No problem.  I'm sure Donna could swoop in and pick up with Eric and love him for who he is.

And I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see Amber again.  Why create all these new characters to cause trouble when we already have one?  Finn is exactly the type of person that Amber would go after, and I would enjoy the Steffy/Amber battles and seeing Steffy losing. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

And I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see Amber again. 

I am always in support of this, and given the parade of knockoffs we've had the past few years like Zoe and Shauna, it would be nice to have one with a motive beyond saving her own ass on occasion. Bonus points if she got with a now definitely legal Thomas. None of other bozos are deserving lol.

• Love 2