Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Up in Flames

Ok so I honestly don't know where to put this comment because it combines my thoughts on the show being cancelled, this episode, and something said in the media thread but I guess why not get the series final thread going.  

So after watching this episode and reading that Carter said he was planning on dragging out Karma/Amy until the end of the series (see media thread), I am honestly not that sad the show was cancelled.  I am sorry but an entire series of will they won't they would have driven me crazy.  Plus it means Karma and Amy would have had their friendship torn apart at least once a season to provide more filler drama, which would have gotten really old really fast.  I guess the premise of the show was that they started with both of the girls faking that they didn't have romantic feels and at the end Karma would admit her feels and then they would not be faking it anymore.  And they all live happily ever after or something.

The ending to this episode just reminded me of how much I would not have enjoyed this show continuing.  The final was basically the writers throwing all of the characters together in random pairing.  I know that was probably to give the show somewhat of a conclusion but even if only half of those relationships were originally planned, that's still two more relationships what would fall apart before the show reached whatever conclusion was planned.  At least the way it ended, with everyone pairing up, we get some indication that the characters have moved on.  Amy finally has a friend who loves her back.  Karma and Amy are finally in a good place, where Amy is no longer in love with Karma and Karma is not acting borderline narcissistic.  Also while Felix is super boring he is an improvement over Karma throwing herself at Liam.  Also Lauren and Liam have each other.  I guess that's nice.  

Oh and I forgot about Shane and Noah.  They're happy together.  Honestly I was never super invested in their relationship.  I knew Shane was going to mess things up for the sake of drama! and entertainment! but Shane's whole act was starting to get old.   His impulsive nature was funny in Season 1 and entertaining in Season 2, but by now it was just getting old and honestly a homeless transgender teen shouldn't have to put up with Shane's drama.

One random last thought, the cleanse with Karma's parents was funny.  I laughed when it cut to their house on fire.  I honestly wish Carter had just had Amy and Karma get together last season and sent them off on weird lesbian adventures together.

Anyway its been fun.  I will probably see most of you guys again for season 7 of pretty little liars.

• Love 2

I actually liked this well enough as an episode and as a finale. We didn't get much buildup with Sabrina, and that's unfortunate, but Amy ended the series happy and with a girl who loves her back, which is satisfying to me. I would have been okay with an eventual "Karmy" endgame, but I always felt a little weird about hoping for that because Karma said so many times that she was straight, and even if she was in denial, it wasn't cool of other characters (especially Amy) to keep insisting that she was wrong and that they knew better than her about her own sexuality. Plus I think that the crush on a straight girl is a near-universal lesbian experience and that it would have rung false/seemed too much like wish fulfillment if Karma had eventually reciprocated Amy's feelings.

(In any case, I know that high school relationships rarely last forever and that Amy and Sabrina were still in the infatuation stage, so I can just imagine that Amy eventually went off to college and had her pick of queer girls.)

I don't mind Karma with Felix, either. I think he's a fun character and a nice guy; I just didn't want him with Amy. Lauren and Liam are also an interesting combo, and her no-nonsense attitude has made him a lot more tolerable these past few episodes. Shane and Noah... eh. It was a nice storyline, but I didn't like Noah as a person very much. His mind games at the beginning were annoying, and he seemed too prickly in general for Shane. But again, I don't think of any teen show relationships as "endgame," so whatever.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, superman1204 said:

Ok so I honestly don't know where to put this comment because it combines my thoughts on the show being cancelled, this episode, and something said in the media thread but I guess why not get the series final thread going.

So after watching this episode and reading that Carter said he was planning on dragging out Karma/Amy until the end of the series (see media thread), I am honestly not that sad the show was cancelled.  I am sorry but an entire series of will they won't they would have driven me crazy.  Plus it means Karma and Amy would have had their friendship torn apart at least once a season to provide more filler drama, which would have gotten really old really fast.  I guess the premise of the show was that they started with both of the girls faking that they didn't have romantic feels and at the end Karma would admit her feels and then they would not be faking it anymore.  And they all live happily ever after or something.

The ending to this episode just reminded me of how much I would not have enjoyed this show continuing.  The final was basically the writers throwing all of the characters together in random pairing.  I know that was probably to give the show somewhat of a conclusion but even if only half of those relationships were originally planned, that's still two more relationships what would fall apart before the show reached whatever conclusion was planned.  At least the way it ended, with everyone pairing up, we get some indication that the characters have moved on.  Amy finally has a friend who loves her back.  Karma and Amy are finally in a good place, where Amy is no longer in love with Karma and Karma is not acting borderline narcissistic.  Also while Felix is super boring he is an improvement over Karma throwing herself at Liam.  Also Lauren and Liam have each other.  I guess that's nice.

Oh and I forgot about Shane and Noah.  They're happy together.  Honestly I was never super invested in their relationship.  I knew Shane was going to mess things up for the sake of drama! and entertainment! but Shane's whole act was starting to get old.   His impulsive nature was funny in Season 1 and entertaining in Season 2, but by now it was just getting old and honestly a homeless transgender teen shouldn't have to put up with Shane's drama.

One random last thought, the cleanse with Karma's parents was funny.  I laughed when it cut to their house on fire.  I honestly wish Carter had just had Amy and Karma get together last season and sent them off on weird lesbian adventures together.

Anyway its been fun.  I will probably see most of you guys again for season 7 of pretty little liars.

Definitely, it was rushed and it didn't help that all of these couples just happened for a couple of episodes.  Trying to drag out an on off relationship doesn't work unless your show is a huge hit, so that was very foolish of the writers to try to pull that with this.

8 hours ago, Cranberry said:

(In any case, I know that high school relationships rarely last forever and that Amy and Sabrina were still in the infatuation stage, so I can just imagine that Amy eventually went off to college and had her pick of queer girls.

Which pretty much would have had to be next season if they didn't want a repeat of Happy Days, wherein they had to write out main characters because they looked way too old for high school (IIRC the balding Ron Howard was the first to go).

Well to me the finale was very dissapointing. I mean I'm glad that Amy was finally happy in a relationship even though we didn't get to meet Sabrina too much. But Sabrina's speech should have been Karma's. Wouldn't it have been a happy finale? i know it might be a little bit unreal but cmon it's a TV show, and I think they prove to us since season 1 that Amy and Karma's relationship wasn't like any other friendship. They were both in love. It was a show that had so much potential, to show Karma's questioning and her journey. Unfortunately we won't be able to see that. Still that, I won't forget all the great things this show has done and how they introduce characters like Amy, Lauren... Really going to miss them all. 

I think everyone was in happy place at least. Still have my doubts on Karma and Felix I just don't see them together. He's a nice guy and they could really work but it wouldn't last. This wasn't the finale I wanted for the show. I know as well that they didn't planned this to be the finale but it sucks. It has been a pleasure reading all the comments and participating in this forum, Faking it will always be in my memory. 

• Love 1

I've posted a link to CC's expanded thoughts on the planned Karmy endgame (which may not be what you're expecting) in the Media thread.

Its not going away. It most likely will be bought by Netflix and added to the originals lineup. As for Sabrina, there was no intent in the original episode 10 for her to stay. Show should be back this time next year.

I wouldn't mind that, but I don't put much stock in those responses from Netflix customer support I see on Tumblr. I saw almost the exact same answers to questions people sent in about Netflix taking on Person of Interest as an original. I suspect they have canned responses they're required to use.

As terrible as it may sound, I hope Faking It doesn't come back.The show had been falling apart for a while and based on what Carter said would have happened, I find it hard to get about any more seasons of Faking It. But if it does get picked up and other fans enjoy it, good for them. 

This was a case of a show's creator trying to stretch a short story into as many seasons as the network was willing to pay for, putting off the ending as long as possible. At least Carter was prepared to give viewers some semblance of closure; some will do a cliffhanger in hopes of pressuring the network for renewal.

• Love 2

I might have been more satisfied by Amy ending up with Sabrina if their happy ending didn't require hand-waving away Sabrina lying to Amy (and also to her boyfriend), manipulating her and trying to isolate her from her friends. It drives me nuts when teen shows perpetuate this idea that it's romantic when someone acts like a sociopath because they love you. 

Liam and Lauren felt really random, but I'm kind of disappointed we won't get to see where that goes. Karma and Felix, not so much. 

• Love 2

Hey, is anyone still here? There are thing I would like to say. I watched the show along with the date that every episode was released but now in the past two weeks I watched again all of the episodes and the more near I was to the episode 3x10, the more I thought "Gosh...look, that will be unclosed in the finale" and I had that same thought yesterday in the night when I watched the episode 3x10 omly multiplied by a MILLION! It was late so I went to sleep but then, the Ideas started bubbling in my head "What happened after that episode?...What if this would have happened? Or what if this other thing would have happened?" And when I realized, I was starting to make a script of a 3x11 episode in my head. But, considering the actors of the tv show are not my personal friends (Even though I want to ? ) and that the show is intellectual property of MTV, I can't record that episode. BUT THEEEEEN, it came to my mind the answer, what if I do that episode in a Sims 4 Voice Over Series? The problem is...unless I learn how to make really good impressions of all of the characters, I would hava a problem. So I'm here calling for people who are interested in this project, whether to help in the construction of the houses in the Sims, Make the characters into Sims or, the most important, voice acting. If you like my idea, you can send me an e-mail to popstarnateny@gmail.com or hit me up in Twitter in @PinguinoCegato. I also use Instagram @max_morgan_project . Hoping to hear about you guys, Max.