Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Aaliyah & Alicia

LOGO TV has been running all of the 2013 episodes all day. The one that has been most upsetting was the episode involving the 18-yr-old girl from Oakland who falls in love with 'Alicia', and it's discovered that Alicia is manipulating Aaliyah into buying her iPhones and paying her bills - all while Aaliyah is couch surfing and hoping for a place to live. Aaliyah has to be the sweetest, most giving person I've ever seen considering her life situation. Then along comes Alicia, who has been lying from day one (I don't think she's gay), and even freely admits she was just using Aaliyah for the money and the phone and other free stuff. This woman shows no emotion at all that she just used this girl for months and months.

I'm gay myself so I know that for a lot of us, the only way to meet someone is online. It's so important to point out that there people out there who'll con their way into your life without a second thought. The worst thing is that the young people like Aaliyah will take a long time to trust again and bounce back. I'm not going to just say 'be careful online!' because that goes without saying but what's so tough is there are more and more people online yet it seems harder than ever to make a real connection with a genuine person.

• Love 1

I'm watching this as I type and I cannot believe what a thunder c- Alicia is.

Words fail me, but I'm sure they won't for long.

What a sick, angry, sad, pathetic, evil, soulless individual.

I rewound to watch the beginning about Aaliyah's current circumstances, I am in tears, I just can't even.

That on its own...add to all Aaliyah did for Alicia and then Alicia's cold-hearted treatment, which I almost want to...HAVE to..believe is over-the-top and some kind of defense mechanism, yet sadly, I've known people that cold and calculating in my life.  

The heart breaks and the mind boggles.