Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Postgame Mortem

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "The basketball coach appears dead after a discussion with his son Josh. The Coach's wife goes to the Keith's office looking for help. Veronica becomes involved in the investigation meanwhile his fathers continue the Dean O'Dell murder investigation. Josh escapes of the jail and Veronica is arrested like suspicious of complicity."

Dick "tricking" Logan to go our on the balcony so that the hotel staff can come in and clean makes me endlessly laugh. I don't know why. I really start to love Dick more and more with each episode. I know he's terrible as a human but his character is so much fun to twatch. I love the Logan and Little Girl God from Joan of Arcadia parts of this so much. I love watching Logan start to be nice to her. I know all I do is preach about how much I love him but it's because of his soft side. Guys, I have a problem. OK on to the rest.

Wow, Neptune is a super dangerous place to live apparently. 

Though it isn't lost on me that the apparent suicide of the Dean is actually a murder and the apparent murder of the coach is really a "suicide" and I think it's a neat little plot point.

The Dean's recommendation to the FBI for Veronica is the best. It made me tear up. I'm just thinking about this, is the flashback we see with the Dean going to Landry/his wife's room the first time we, as the audience have known something that Veronica/Keith don't? I can't remember another time where this has happened but I may just be blanking. 

The elevator scene is too funny. 

Dick "tricking" Logan to go our on the balcony so that the hotel staff can come in and clean makes me endlessly laugh. I don't know why. I really start to love Dick more and more with each episode. I know he's terrible as a human but his character is so much fun to twatch. I love the Logan and Little Girl God from Joan of Arcadia parts of this so much. I love watching Logan start to be nice to her. I know all I do is preach about how much I love him but it's because of his soft side. Guys, I have a problem. OK on to the rest.

This two-episode arc is probably my least-favorite of the third season, mostly because I'm so completely uninvested in the mystery.  But, this little subplot with Logan and the little girl?  Priceless. When she dedicates the song on the radio and Veronica hears Nick Lachey singing?  When they're all in the elevator together and the girl is freaking out?  Amazing.  Really well done little moments.

• Love 1

Yeah, the Logan/Dick storyline is really great; Logan is adorable.

We've seen Wallace scenes that Veronica/Keith I think didn't hear about (when his dad showed up)? And obviously side stories like Logan's here. But yeah, I can't think of another time when we really knew something investigation-relevant than Veronica or Keith didn't. Maybe Mac and Beaver in the hotel room in the S2 finale, though that's more just suspense than information.

Agree that I don't really care about the mystery very much, though the ending does want me to go watch the next one now.

• Love 1