Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Jagged Little Heart

I feel like Lauren's done this "I don't want to talk about being intersex"/"I guess I should start getting comfortable with my identity as an out intersex person" thing at least twice already. I hope she actually does start getting comfortable talking about it soon.

I like Felix, but as a friend to Amy, not as a potential boyfriend.

No opinion on Noah yet other than that his singing wasn't great. I am interested to see how Shane reacts when he finds out the guy is trans.

I always like to hear Katie Stevens sing, and I hope that Karma doesn't get back together with Liam. She didn't seem to enjoy that kiss. (Side note: I feel like Katie is the cast member who loves this show the most. Last week, she was even watching the Gay Women Channel's live "Faking it Friday" recap on YouNow and answering questions in the chat, seemingly for her own amusement and not for mandated promotional purposes. The girls learned she was watching and started asking her stuff at this point in the video.)

Here's the Autostraddle recap of this episode, which contains an interesting chart about the number of unique visitors to said recaps (and when and why that number dropped).

Here's the AfterEllen recap.

• Love 3

Well if nothing else I lolled at Shane with blue hair.

Other than that the only scene that really did anything for me was the ending at the hospital with Amy and Karma.  If the scene had been any longer I probably would have teared up, though I cried at the beginning of Batman v Superman, so that probably doesn't mean much.  Either way its good to see Amy and Karma to be friends again.  For characters who are mentioned to be best friends forever it feels weird that they have spent like half the shows run time fighting or not speaking.

I am with Cranberry on Nona, the character could really go either way right.  I honestly was hoping that the new transgender character was going to be a love interest for Amy, just so they could say she is pansexual and explain that they "planned from the beginning" to have Amy be the first pansexual character on TV.

Thank you Cranberry, I think you are the one that keeps this forum going, and for sharing information and recaps.

My opinions for the episode in general:

I don't think Karma is going to take Liam back: 1. She wasn't really into that kiss, she looked confused. And 2. They introduced us this new character "Rachel" being interested on Liam for one reason. (And I think I saw one interview where Gregg said that "Liam is going to have a new love interest")

I also like Felix as a very good friend for Amy but not as a romantic partner. Show-runner Carter said that Amy is going to label herself this season so let's see how that turns out.

I loved Lauren the whole episode, her story is very interesting.

Something that call my attention was Felix telling Amy that he is available to date at midnight in New Year's Eve, the last episode of the season is in New Year's Eve so I don't know but it make me feel curious.

Sad ending but glad that karma and Amy are back. I think that from next episode on we're going to see the most shocking part of the season.

• Love 1

This episode was dull to me. Except for the finale moments nothing special happened. After 2 great episodes they dropped the ball here.

I knew Felix was going to be in this season - but, WHY??? Hopefully, his presence will be limited.

And here we go again - the same old same old sequence of Shane & Liam screwing up more relationships.

I am with Cranberry on Nona, the character could really go either way right.  I honestly was hoping that the new transgender character was going to be a love interest for Amy, just so they could say she is pansexual and explain that they "planned from the beginning" to have Amy be the first pansexual character on TV.

I think Jack Harkness on Doctor Who was the first pansexual, he hit on everyone, alien, male, female, unknown. He also gave birth as a face... somehow.

I liked having Felix back as a character, he's amusing. 

Liam's subplot with the new girl is boring. 

I found Noah amusing, psychological sabotage is where it's at. 

(edited)

Even though I was hooked on this show from episode one, I'm a bit taken aback at just how much I've grown to truly love it and care about the characters. 

- So happy to hear Katie Stevens sing again!!! The lack thereof has been my least-favorite part of the past season or so. I dug the harmonizing between her and Shane on that summer song. And was "Somebody to Love" a bit of a dig at "Glee," or just coincidence?

- Didn't realize Shane's new love interest is trans, and I can't wait to see where the show goes with it. 

- While I'm enjoying Lauren's Greek chorusing many fans' complaints, I dig that Amy doesn't necessarily know how to "label" herself. Her scenes with Felix IMO have chemistry, though I do agree they are better off as friends and she seems to have more chemistry with women.

- Speaking of women, how hot did Amy's mom look in this ep???

- And omg, McKaley Miller!!! I was going through peak "Hart of Dixie" withdrawal when she showed up in "Scream Queens," only to end up dead within the first five minutes. Seeing as she made it all the way through this ep, I have hopes that she might stick around! 

So did Karma and Amy hug in the end? My DVR maddeningly cut off right as they went towards each other in the hospital!

Edited by Judi Sunshine

So did Karma and Amy hug in the end? My DVR maddeningly cut off right as they went towards each other in the hospital!

Yes they did.  It was sweet but you didn't miss anything, though if it is bothering you the episode is up on the MTV website now.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm seriously wondering why I'm watching this show anymore. I don't care about anyone other than Lauren and even her story is running in circles. WTF is wrong with gay and lesbian show runners ruining their own shows of late? First it was Glee, then Pretty Little Liars, Empire and now this. I fear that The Fosters show runners are doing the same thing with Jude.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 1

Let's see. Glee was because Ryan decided to shoe horn his life experience into Kurt because he wasn't allowed to make his life story. (glee died because Cory did, not because of Kurt. The #Finchel ship drove that show. I know I was there.)

100, empire uses them as cast offs.

This is different. Amy is Bi at the least. Karma is Bi and denying it. Your only actively gay people is Shane and he seems to be consistent.

Yes all of us want #Karmy together but its a process. I write Teen fiction. You have to have a journey. Yes, there are too many side roads, but here is far better than any other I've seen in a while Carter is also acutely aware that the fanbase and topic are what is keeping the show.

Show is a .3. Everything else MTV made that is .3 is gone. So we get Intersex triumphs, etc. If we want an end we do need to support them middle.

And I am posting Amy diary entries on Fanfiction. They are what I think she would say and feel uncensored. Comment on them.

If you want to know what other fiction, I do, its SongoftheAssembly.wordpress.com.