Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: The Road To The Live Shows

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm enjoying this season so much.  I feel as though the quality at every stage has improved, so much so that I'm re-watching the episodes.  The singing is great, the sob stories are minimized, they're showing us more of the actual coaching and it's fascinating to listen to the constructive comments and then hearing the growth.

I think the coaching has been great and the talent is high.  Nice to feel good about the show again.

ETA:  The feedback from the coaches has had more content, as well.  Everyone is sounding more intelligent.  Also, I think I would be happy if I were able to listen to quite a few of the eliminated contestants come back.  I don't remember thinking the bench was that deep in previous seasons.

Edited by ToxicUnicorn
  • Love 2

ToxicU, I'm with you on the judging this season, and I can't help but feel it's because Gwen is not a judge this go-round.

Also, I actually ENJOYED Miley as mentor and I was shocked at myself because I've always disliked her, just on principle, which wasn't a very mature or intelligent decision on my part, I admit. I thought she was insightful and earnest. Her wardrobe horrified me, but then she is like, what? 23?? I'm very much looking forward to seeing her judge on the next season.

But that may be just because I'm so relieved that Gwen isn't back as a judge. She did fine as Blake's advisor because her screen time was limited.

• Love 3

PepperMonkey, I don't care for Miley as a singer, her lyrics are about popping Molly and angsty stuff but I thought she had some helpful advice for the contestants. I think at one point she'll stop the crazy outfits act, especially if she's a judge, hopefully.

Support Lacy in the Live Shows:

http://www.statesville.com/news/national-spotlight-shining-on-iredell-s-lacy-mandigo/article_797a3de0-fecb-11e5-9f84-e3c12d115ef9.html

• Love 1

I was also impressed by Miley's comments and suggestions. That's what I like about this show - it's made me appreciate how seriously the coaches and advisors approach their craft, contrary to the public impressions they may give.

• Love 2