Type keyword(s) to search

Home And Away - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I hope that awful Tyson person gets what is coming to him, or whoever did that.  

OK Leah wants the police to help her but yells at them.  I know that is supposed to prove she's the greatest mother ever, but it makes her look like a harpy actually.  

Brax is going to end up owning every business in town.

Oh so we are to feel sorry for Maddie - it's an addiction and she can't help it.  

Leah was just awful.  When the policeman said something like 'in most cases' such and such happens, she yelled this is not most cases, this is MY SON, as if other people and their children were way less important.  And I get that of course she was deeply upset and scared, but still.

How on earth does Marilyn walk on the sand in those high heels?  Why does she not sink in?  It doesn't look like she is just walking on the balls of her feet which anyway I imagine would be very hard to do.  It flummoxes me every time.

Edited by Nozycat

Yeah I love the progression with Jett and John and Marilyn.

Nate is such a creep, so he is only using Hannah to make himself feel better and he's being a total dick to Sophie.

Wow, Leah, really, you have to know everything about VJ's life so you can protect him?  Ick.

Edited by Nozycat

Yeah, Leah needs to back off and let the kid grow up.  And of course she is letting it run her relationship with Zach.  Run, Zach, Run, you are going to be broken up with over VJ issues like everyone else.  Oh and she doesn't want more kids, remember?   Didn't that cause Miles to be broken up with?  I'd love to hear that Miles and Elijah have met really nice girls and are happy with them.  

I hate Maddie being pregnant!  Now she gets to hang onto Josh.  I suppose that's tough on Evie but it can be done, so I don't think she really had to go so far as to break up with him.  Mainly I hate Maddie getting what she wants.   Josh is so no into her any more but will be living with her BS forever.  I guess he was upset so he didn't think about the condoms.  

On the other hand, Matt was right - he really needs to be free of Sasha as he has nothing in common with her.  She's always pressuring him and he ought to be glad if she goes off to uni to do her thing so he can do his without hearing from her how he ought to do something else.  

Wow VJ is just awful imo and I lay the blame squarely with Leah for allowing him to be so rude, miserable and hopeless about his future.  She has consistently let him get away with really bad behaviour as he was growing up.

I think Matt and Sasha would be good together if she would just stop trying to change him, make suggestions yes but then let go and let him make his own way.

Matt and Evie look like the next thing.  

I was hoping that record producer would take Phoebe away.  :)

John is hilarious but Jett did not seem to be having any problems to begin with.  John should back off as he's overdoing everything.  

LOL all Zach gets out of this relationship is more involvement with one of his students, and even then sometimes gets yelled at for his efforts.   Run, Zach.  It's all about VJ and you only count as far as your effect on VJ.  

Chris needs to learn when to leave someone be for a while.  He's becoming a variant version of Colleen.

What does TAFE stand for?  Obviously it is a trade school program.  Acronyms drive me nuts.  

If you drop out in Australia, can you later go back and get an equivalent when you are older, like the US GED (General Education Development).  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Educational_Development

Some new hair person came along, lol.  Josh looks better with the mop.  Denny's new puff look was OK but at first I thought she was Maddie.  

TAFE = Technical and Further Education I think.  I thought they were all called Institutes of Technology these days though.  Pretty sure you can go back and do an equivalent later if you drop out.

Josh looked so different with his hair back.  I like both.

Chris would drive me nuts.  Glad he finally settled down a bit with Spencer and talked to him properly.

I hate the way Matt calls Spencer Spencina, he can be such a bully.

Sheesh, Maddie is just awful.  And the actress is way overacting the pregnancy with the constant belly rubbing, which is driving me nuts, and getting up off the sofa as if she was 9 months.

I've really liked Marilyn lately but boy was she irritating with Jett, no wonder he cracked, hope that's all done with now.

Maddie is a witch.  Delusional too.  And not getting the ultrasound shows she does not care enough about the child.  She's only using it to keep Josh.  

I hope they are done with the annoying VJ story.  

I wonder if there is such a person as would do what Kyle is doing.  As Brax said, there's coin in that!  

Yeah, Marilyn was way annoying - she adopted the kid, so he is your kid, not your buddy.  Boy that was dumb.  

Yes the only person Maddie cares about is herself.

VJ is such a miseryguts and Leah is awful with him, I think they are both awful.

Interesting story with Phoebe, Kyle and Nieve, wonder how that will end up. 

I can just see Brax' friend getting him into trouble.

Money on soaps in usually a laugh riot.  They never need change, either.  And always pay cash.  

I thought it was clever the way they dealt with it when they wanted Jett to be a year older.  A lot of soaps would have just done it without explanation.  

So they are going to force me to feel sorry for Maddie.  I thought it was in character that she got up and left when Nate gave her the diagnosis.  Harsh, but the one thing she can't do away with because she doesn't want it.  They've written her as someone who feels completely entitled to what she wants and here is something she does not want and can't get around.  I think she will survive and grow as a person.

Brax,  however, is only slowly growing as a person, though that does seem to be happening.  The savior complex for his family has got to go or include his love interest.   Now that he is having a child, maybe it could include the child, lol.  

Yeah that was weird and funny about the axlotl reference.

And Maddie continues to be completely immature.  I know she is still very young but she has worn out my patience and like you say can't handle not getting what she wants.  I thought she would have grown up a bit after Roo was so sick but she straight away reverted to being a brat.

I think Ricki is good for Brax and yes he is slowly maturing too.

Sick of the on again off again Josh and Evie and Hannah and Andy, just leave it one way or the other.

That's the second  young cancer sufferer who so bravely leaves so their loved ones don't have to deal with it.  Like Romeo.  

Sophia is really insane.  

Everybody who was  anybody was on the bus, lol.  I could see there was going to be an accident as they showed the three cars on the road.  

Agreed Evie and Josh are over the top.  Get together already or quit.  Dumb.  

Looks like they will have a blackmail tape for Phoebe.  I'm not into soap characters being rock stars.  Wish they'd wrap this one up.

So is the character Maddie leaving the show?  I think it's cruel to the loved ones to leave and yes repeat of Romeo.

Yes and Nate was dumb to keep trusting her after everything she has pulled.

I knew the bus crash was coming ages ago as they kept advertising it here.

Wow Nieve is evil.

Like Hannah is so mature.  She gave me whiplash from how quick she went from that's fine Andy, to no way.

Most people are OK after the crash, and in the end the chosen-for-serious-injury will be too.  I wonder why they picked Hannah.  Kyle I can see, it's so Brax can be all concerned.  They did a good scene there where Brax could hardly believe he could do nothing but wait; where he just has to do something, but if he did anything he'd kill Kyle.  

I'm impressed how they got almost every character into the episode and how nobody realized Leah is even missing for quite some time.  

Yay it's back.  I was surprised they didn't take Phoebe to hospital to get checked out.  And why haven't they gone to the police.

Maddie is such a self centred little brat.  So is VJ imo.

I am glad Ricki and the baby are ok.

Edited by Nozycat

Roo is so ridiculous.  You would think Maddie was not the one who caused the entire issue.  And still won't come back.  So why blame herself or any other person?  Only Maddie is to blame.  What will happen if her illness manifests itself in some way and she has to get medical attention?  

I was curious where she was.  Is it Sydney. They  mentioned "the city" but I thought Maddie and Spencer came from somewhere else.  

VJ acts like he and Leah are victims of men who don't stay around, when Leah is almost always the one who ends the relationship.  And often because of VJ.  Maybe that was what he was referring to.  But that does not mean Zach isn't suffering now.  At least VJ relented in the end.  

I had forgotten all about Dean and who he was until Ash mentioned his sister.  I seem to remember they killed him, but not who!  This show relies on better memories than mine or takes too long between plots, though in fairness, the break probably had a lot to do with it.  

I really don't like the way they are killing themselves over that self-centered, attention seeking brat that is Maddie.  Don't know what city it is supposed to be.

I don't think Ash or Brax killed Dean although it was never made clear I think.

Well Charlie 2.0 is on the job, though they could at least look into that other guy, Sam.  Not having a criminal record in the past does not mean they should not investigate where he has motive.  

Totally overbearing of John to decide to sell up, and if they've lived there the past year or so and being next door to the Braxtons hasn't killed them, why would it now.  People in SB are in more danger on the roads.  There was somebody last year that actually bombed the Braxton's place, or something like that, and John didn't move then.  

Yeah John's being stupid as usual.

Seriously Zac?  There's nothing you can do for Leah so you leave her alone?  How about sitting with her, talking to her, touching her, being there if she wakes up, or if she dies?

Leah actress isn't the type to leave for Hollywood so I'm thinking they are covering another maternity leave and she'll wake up in the end.  Someone did have a line about how they have to wait for her to wake up on her own, so they could go with that.  Plenty a soap has had people talking to the person in a coma, so you're right, I'd expect Zach/VJ/Irene scenes of that kind.  Though they aren't always interesting and can end up overdone.  I recall watching Young and Restless and an actress who spent the last days before maternity leave laying there with her eyes closed with many other characters talked to her.  I expect probably a scene with Zach and Nate where he explains how talking to her can help.  

It would be interesting to have Zach and VJ bond enough so that doesn't become an issue anymore and they can write a Leah romance with some other issue, or some chance of success.  Or Leah having the opposite effect, she wants to break up with Zach and VJ doesn't want her to!  VJ needs to get a life, though.  Now he's old enough for a girl.  

Maddie is so dumb.  The show has managed the impossible - give a character cancer, and you still can't sympathize.  I guess this is Darwin in action.  Maddie won't reproduce as she wouldn't get the treatment that would allow her to live long enough.  At least she is going back.  

Yeah I was thinking that too.  Normally I would empathise when someone has cancer but the way they have written Maddie just makes me turn against her.

Sheesh the Braxton clan are such numbskulls.  Couldn't they find another way to write Brax out instead of doing the whole jail story again?  At least I assume that is what they are doing.  And of course Kyle has to go all moody because he can't play.

Kyle is always so dramatic with everything.

So it's Andy's turn to be redeemed.  This show is like every woman's dream who loves a bad boy and thinks she can reform him.  Problem is they often can't.

Matt did say today that reality is overrated!  

I enjoyed Irene today, especially telling Chris he had rocks in his head.  

Another one doing year 12 again.  Though it seems he could still get into uni and is assuming he did not.  

They have kind of overdone it in the tragedy department - Leah, Hannah and Maddie - actually seems a bit heavy.  

Chris would do my head in in real life but for me he is fun to watch.  He's like an overgrown excited puppy.

Can you really just redo year 12 like that?  I never heard of it when I was going to school.

Ray Meagher recently said he thought there was too much sex, drugs and violence in H&A and that it had gone to too heavy, adult themes and away from its original premise of fostering.  I totally agree, when they brought in the Braxtons they changed the show, and not for the better imo.  Apparently he has talked to tptb and things may change.

Good for Ray.  I read that Brax will finally be gone and so all 3 brothers gone.  Ash is not an actual criminal, since he'd been framed for what got him in jail.  

I wonder if they will write Rikki out with Brax or keep her and start something between her and Ash after Brax gets killed or goes to jail or whatever.  

So Josh is an artist now.  The whole thing was funny, though.   

(edited)

I was glad Hannah broke down, as I was expecting her to be a cow as usual.  Zach was sure dumb to double book himself.  Now that will be an excuse for VJ to act like a jerk. How silly how they drove Irene away.  These people have to learn not to take out their problems on those who would help them.

The previews were interesting to me in that self centered brat that Maddie is, I would think Oscar should not be concerned at this point with why she is being closer to him.  If he's a friend, be there for her now rather than questioning whether her feelings are pure.  It comes across as rather self involved, in which case they are alike, and two self centered people are not going to work it out anyway.  

I had to laugh when Phoebe yelled sure, "call the police!  Call the FBI!"  The FBI, lol.  Then I thought there could be one in Oz so I looked it up.  It appears to be the AFP, so she was referring to the US agency!  

I thought it was inconsiderate of Zach to stand VJ up and Irene was over the top defending that, but then again, VJ as usual makes too much of it.  Zach is involved in two of the tragedies of Summer Bay and the Hannah thing affects him too.  

Nobody who is not guilty should ever plead guilty.  

Edited by Kim0820

Hannah is another one I could feel no empathy for.  And I think I am supposed to but the way they have written her I just don't.

Yeah Phoebe calling for the FBI was very funny.

Why is Zac being such a d..k?  Another one I have no empathy for.  No groceries?  Then he totally dumped on VJ's efforts to make him a nice breakfast anyway, flowers and all, then forgot about lunch because Hannah was more important.  Get it together Zac.

Lol @ it only taking one day for Brax' case to go to trial.  Even by soap standards that's fast.

That new cop sure likes sticking her nose into other people's business.

I think the guy playing Phoebe's stalker is doing a great job, he is coming across as really creepy to me.

They keep referring to having to prove Brax is innocent.  I assume as a common law country, in Australia they don't.  

Now suddenly Kyle is a new son of Cheryl.  Brax and his obsession with "blood" is a bit strange.  Didn't Ricki have a "blood" relative, and he sucked big time?  

LOL Phoebe wondering if she is Queen of the Braxtons.  

I wish they wouldn't keep breaking up couples or creating drama as soon as they get together like Maddie and Oscar, or breaking them and getting them back together multiple times like Hannah and Andy, just let them be for a while.

Yeah the way they present the justice system here isn't really in line with reality.

Edited by Nozycat

Yes, that preview regarding Oscar?  Dumb.  Why would he want to dump Maddie now?

And VJ is another who is in a tragic situation but still such a jerk you get mad at him.  The punching bag thing I suppose helped.  

Sasha, oh please.  Really?  She can't remember to set an alarm and then blames Matt?  I hope he breaks up with her. 

Yeah VJ has been a real jerk, but I keep reminding myself how young he is and try and have some empathy - he's making it hard though.

Sasha was a real b..ch about sleeping in.  I generally like her and like her and Matt together but that was over the top and her own fault.

Ash is way overdoing it with Ricki, give her some room to breathe and make her own decisions.

Can't believe Phoebe has been drugged and taken by a man twice in a few weeks.  That actor plays creepy really well.

Oscar can be so dumb.

Edited by Nozycat

Yes, I am glad Oscar's stupidity did not catch up with him!  

Phoebe looks pretty without all that eye make-up.  

After all that time in Ricki and Sophie-land, Nate deserves someone who really likes him.   

So Oscar loves Maddie in theory but not in practice?  I don't get this story line, why put them together if they were going to break up immediately?

Yeah Phoebe looks so pretty and different without all that makeup.  The makeup fits her character though.

I would have liked to see Nate explore his obvious issues in his relationship with Sophie first before jumping into another relationship.  And I don't like Kat so far.

Gotta love soap opera men - what a fantasy!  Josh cares so much he passes up the chance to have sex just because he wants it to be better than the back of the car for the first time for Evie.  

Oscar is very strange - I agree, what's the point?  I think he has an issue that she may not really be in love with him.  But if he's in love with her, why not give it some time and see where it goes?  And the other relationships started out slow, too - the ones he is idealizing - Andy/Hannah and Josh/Evie.  There's a reason they are more lovey dovey - time.  And both those couples already broke up a dozen times, too!  

How does Brax get such loyalty?  Ash, lol.  Brax gets to put an end to Denny's love life now?  lol how dumb.  

Edited by Kim0820

I guess they want me to have sympathy for Maddie and they about succeeded.  Chemo no help, Oscar leaves.   Though she does have Roo and Mr. Stewart.  

And they actually got sympathy for Andy. One should feel sympathy for Hannah but it's just not possible, no matter what happens to her.  She's such a jerk.  

Kat is very odd.  She can have no love life?  I recall Charlie managed to.  I think she must have some sort of problem.  

Great ending with Leah finally waking up.  

Yes I have finally got sympathy for Maddie too now that she is no longer behaving like such a brat.

I hope Andy is able to complete his course, he has also become much more likable.  But Hannah, just no, hope he gets away from her.

I wonder if Leah will be angry with Zac now for letting VJ go.

Kat is weird, Nate sure knows how to pick 'em.

More Brax in prison stuff, what a yawn.  

I think Zac and VJ should keep it to themselves in that they had no idea what was going to happen, so at some point they would have to move on.  There's no way she can expect Zac to have stuck there forever.  But then again Leah is always like that.  Letting her relationships be about VJ and breaking up with them over something having to do with him.  It's almost weird.  But you can say the writers made a consistent character trait.  

The previews - public proposal by Kyle - very dumb.  Does he know Phoebe?  There's no way she will say yes to that!  

(edited)

Yes why do we have to have Brax in prison again?

I was horrified by the colour run, people breathing in all that stuff.  It may be natural but can hardly be good for your lungs.

Sheesh Hannah, stop harassing Nate about his love life, it's none of your business.  She does my head in.

Edited by Nozycat