Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Wedlock

PinkRibbons

NOTE: Reign airs on Thursdays in Canada, meaning that the episodes are very often viewed a day before they have aired in the US. Therefore please be aware that this thread will almost definitely have spoilers for those who wish to wait until Friday night to view the new episode.

Claude is forced to marry someone selected by Narcisse. Meanwhile, a surprising discovery is made by Elizabeth, and it could alter her reign; and Mary asks Gideon to help her confirm her suspicions about Prince Don Carlos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNEkycKH9zM

Scene from the episode:

Okay, first I'd like to apologize for the spoiler in the very first line of the summary for this episode. I get my summaries from tvguide.com and they shouldn't have revealed that, it would have made a better twist.

Also, just to be sure, can someone tell me if the show is still airing a day early in Canada? Usually our viewers hailing from there have commented by now.

As to the episode ---

I kind of have to say I loved Amy Dudley from beginning to end because she was one mad bastard and I loved how committed the actress and character got. Usually she's portrayed as a helpless victim and I like that she had such teeth. Also, her gown was lovely.

Speaking of gowns I liked Elizabeth's dresses this episode. Green really flatters her better than the gold they kept putting her in. Her storyline is...eh. If Greer can hide a pregnancy, so can Elizabeth. I'm guessing she'll have lost the pregnancy/had an abortion (probably with Lola holding her hand)/discovered she and her sister both have a tendency towards hysterical pregnancy by the end of next episode. I was rather surprised to see that the whole Impaired Don Carlos marriage was never brought up for Elizabeth, the commercials were very misleading. That would have been the perfect way out. But then of course Don Carlos seems to be getting into his murderously crazy phase so that would have gone nowhere -- I doubt Gideon would bother even mentioning it to Elizabeth after that display.

I actually liked Narcisse's move with Claude. She's been partying on the crown (and therefore, the commonwealth's) money for way too long. It's time she did something for France. And in the end I don't really care about her and Leith.

I spend the entire scenes with Bash and Delphine waiting for someone to mention Kenna and make me care. In any case right now the fire-lighting man-slut is my prime serial killer suspect. And if that's true Catherine will get involved in the mess and it should be some fun.

Not getting any kind of attraction between Mary and Gideon and I don't believe the story about the daughter is true. Until I see Elizabeth holding the little girl and cackling I'm just gonna assume Gideon is three steps ahead of Mary and realized she'd be checking his mail. As for Mary not having any status at French Court, she's still a Dowager Queen. IIRC the real Mary was allowed to keep the French coat of arms on her personal banner after she left France.

The word "conversion" seems like the thing everyone wants to say but is just avoiding by a hair here and there. It should be amusing for the show to try to convince us of Mary having any kind of genuine personal religious crisis when they've maybe shown her holding a rosary once.

At this point what I'd really like to see is the start of the relationship -- through the true-to-life correspondence or contrived meetings between the characters -- between Mary and Elizabeth that mislead Mary into believing Elizabeth was her Sister Queen with whom she had a warm relationship. We know she really did believe that because she had a choice to flee back to France from Scotland and she chose England instead, a decision made at least partly on what she believed was the strength of the two queens' friendship. The show is playing the two characters as such opposites that I'd like to see what kind of rapport they'd have.

Sooooo, no more Lola? I don't get that. Elizabeth to me is boring with a capital B still. Why the heck is Narcisse still in charge? It just feels like this show is limping to the end. I too think that Catherine's boy toy is the killer. Is there any word at all when we are going to get the rest of this season once VD takes over its time slot? I know from Instagram that they are back shooting this week. I wonder if they are going to pull a Beauty and the Beast on us and wrap it up early this summer?

Edited by missbonnie

The writing seems to be going in the direction of they know it's the end of the line. 

Where was Lola? Why was there no mention of all to even her marriage to Narcisse who is still around and they're still married. Instead we get a line that she's on her way to England and that's it. 

I guess Mary is going to fall for Gideon. Not sure how that is supposed to help her and Scotland though. Not really a strong powerful move for a Queen.

Catherine I could care less about in this episode as well as Bash/Delphine. 

Also, just to be sure, can someone tell me if the show is still airing a day early in Canada? Usually our viewers hailing from there have commented by now.

Yes, it's still airing a day early. I got it on Thursday, but didn't get a chance to watch it until today.

• Love 1