Type keyword(s) to search

Home Free: Season 4 Champs

My dad is a fan of Straight No Chaser, and he also likes some old school country, especially Willie Nelson, so for his birthday last month, I gave him Home Free's album. I remembered to ask him yesterday if he had a chance to listen to it, and he said he enjoyed it tremendously, and was wondering if they had any other albums. I am keeping my ears perked for anything new by them!

Sounds like Home Free is working on a Christmas album for their next release.

Oh, and I was just reading their Wikipedia page, and found out that the bass singer they had before Tim Foust was Troy, who ended up joining Urban Method after leaving Home Free!

Wow.  Shocked this hasn't been posted here yet (especially since it features PTX's Avi):

About 625K plays (after 10 days) is damn good for any Acapella group not named Pentatonix (even if they borrowed some of PTX shine with Avi).

Seems like these guys have been pretty busy putting up music videos recently.  The latest is a collaboration with Peter Hollens, who seems to be relatively popular on YouTube.  His version of the song 19 You + Me has over 83,000 hits after 5 days while the Home Free version has 58,000. 

and

They've also put up a video for their original song "Any Way the Wind Blows" from their album

http://youtu.be/fhoBtlWbT-w?list=UUTFuNYrqAcsmSjgqYMvxOqw

and a cover video of "All about that Bass"

http://youtu.be/BuyGVhQFLbs?list=UUTFuNYrqAcsmSjgqYMvxOqw

I found the All About that Bass video amusing.  It seems like an odd song choice for a bunch of country guys.

• Love 1

Home Free's Christmas album "Full Of Cheer" is out in wide release now. I believe full audio versions of each track are on their YT channel, now, too. The album has at least one original song (the title track). Also, it's got a live version of "Colder Weather" from The Sing-Off Tour.

• Love 1

Generally none of these moldy oldie Country groups do it for me, but of all of them The Oak Ridge Boys are probably the ones that annoyed me the least (I shudder at the very sound of The Statler Brothers though). 

This was good though.  With this many voices they're definitely mike boosting the levels on their beatboxer, but I think that's SOP for most post-Pentatonix a capella groups.

I like that they left in that bit with the one Oak Ridge Boy in the vest leaning back and taking out one of the photos on the wall.

A few weeks ago, Chris Rupp (hat guy) announced his solo career. Adam Chance, from Street Corner Symphony, was announced as his replacement. Yesterday on YT, Home Free uploaded their first video with Adam Chance (he's going by "Chance" since they already have an "Adam"--Adam Rupp). It's a cover of Try Everything by Shakira from the Zootopia soundtrack.

Edited by SrPab

Home Free is taking inspiration from Pentatonix and putting out YT videos of life on the road. Episode 1 is their show at the Grand Ole Opry, a large-venue show with the Oak Ridge Boys, and then some shows on their own. Not big venues, but definitely enthusiastic fans: