Type keyword(s) to search

Pentatonix: Season 3 Champs

Love that Avi interview--thanks!

He actually answers a question I always wanted to ask him. I know he's said that his voice changed the summer before he started high school, but I never knew if he had been involved in choir in junior high. Sounds like he was in the band (go band!!) instead. I've seen a post from his high school music director that Avi was a gift to his program and that he basically structured a lot of his program around Avi for the four years he was in high school (talk about pressure!). I wonder if he just wandered into the choir room on the first day of freshman year and auditioned, or if Esther or a friend dragged him in there.

He goes even further in a TMEA  all state interview video that I can't find any more on You Tube (you can find his performance of Summertime but the q and a from the choir kids is gone).  Someone asked him about his origins in music and I remember him saying that he was indeed in band and played trumpet but when he found out he had to do marching band, he said he knew there was no way he could march and play at the same time but his mom said they had already paid for the trumpet so I think they mandated or suggested that he do SOMEthing musically, so he transitioned into choir.  I think, but am not completely sure that one of his female classmates who was in choir encouraged him and I think the choir teacher was looking for nice boys to be in choir  (8th grade, I think).  He said that choir was the first time he realized everybody couldn't sing in tune because he could not understand why people were singing off key.  Oh, Avi. 

Also, if you crawl through the Ken Phillips list of their interviews and articles about them (it's on the Ken Phillips PTX page) I think it was his mom who realized he was different musically because when he was little he would be upset by the car radio music because he said it was so loud or something like that.  Avi says all of his siblings were musically gifted but chose other paths.  Think of that.  The Kaplan siblings would have been other worldly.

Edited by Geeze
  • Love 4

Just a few minutes ago while watching the latest Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode, an advert for the AMAs came on and besides name-dropping a few of the major performers, it also gave a PTX a shout-out to close out the advert: "...a Star Wars performance by the chart-topping phenomenon, Pentatonix!"

• Love 4

Well, just watched The Muppets--PTX was only on screen for about 30 seconds at most, with CSL playing as background to Sam trying to make the moves on Janice and Statler and Waldorf singing along with Avi. (I can see why the show is tanking. Not very funny, and for the first-wave GenXer who reveres Jim Henson and his creations, those are not My Muppets since the voices are all wrong. Oh, and Sam would never hit on Janice!)

Well, just watched The Muppets--PTX was only on screen for about 30 seconds at most, with CSL playing as background to Sam trying to make the moves on Janice and Statler and Waldorf singing along with Avi. (I can see why the show is tanking. Not very funny, and for the first-wave GenXer who reveres Jim Henson and his creations, those are not My Muppets since the voices are all wrong. Oh, and Sam would never hit on Janice!)

While the show's not THAT bad, I do agree that the "Muppets as Reality TV" idea is misguided and not particularly compelling or well done here.

The PTX appearance unfortunately gave them neither an uninterrupted song, nor any dialogue. That said, I did think on the "isn't it cool for their fantasies" that not only being introduced by Miss Piggy, but also having a joke directly involving Statler and Waldorf, is neat (if yes, not terribly funny). For Avi in particular, since the joke was sort of about him.

Wait... I'm sure PTXNewsandstuff would eventually be around to post this (since it's from his channel) but here's the appearance.  I'm sure he hopes it won't be yanked.  Probably framing it like he did WAS enough.

Edited by Kromm

You know, seeing that Japanese coverage makes me wonder if part of PTXs extra level of appeal to the Japanese is that they kind of look like a collection of Anime characters (well, except for Kevin, because honestly... black people kind of get excluded from most Anime).

Kirstie has even dressed the part deliberately at times:

X8r2mn7.jpg

• Love 1

This is quite old, but I've never seen it before (you know it's old from Kirstie's hair--heck, Mitch and even Scott's hair too in fact).

As someone points out in one of the comments, Mitch's mike seems to be too "soft", but otherwise this is a pretty good recording/performance combo. I'm sure an equivalent to this was in their concert for quite a while, but this is a superior recording.

Quincy Jones Presents - Pentatonix "Save the World/Don't You Worry Child"

@ptxnewsandstuff, thank you for posting the KIIS FM recording.

I just gotten round to listening to it. I had half a mind not to, because _same old songs_, but am Glad I Did. 

Whoever did the sound should be hired on the spot and lugged around with PTX for the whole of their media tour. 

(Or maybe it's their own sound guy and/or KIIS has a good acoustic set up from the get go... some radio and TV studios are just not equipped--personnel wise and hardware wise)

I just heard this for the first time. I agree. This is one of the best miked and board mixed performances I've ever heard from them.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

From the photo that Scott's tweeted of the five of them standing next to Darth Vadar, it definitely looks like his scruff as seen at the CMAs is developing into a full-blown beard. Interesting look for him, and it cuts down on the impact of his impressive chin.

According to Billboard's updated Top 200 albums chart, That's Christmas to Me is up to #19 (from #40), and Pentatonix only dropped to #29 (from #22). I was thinking that if they stayed above 30, they'd be doing really well, so I was pretty happy to see these numbers!

Their holiday and non-holiday albums seem to be doing well on iTunes, too. I am curious if there will be a sales spike the week after their AMA appearance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but will their performance on the main/primetime AMA telecast represent their biggest tv appearance to-date (in terms of number of eyes and ears on them)?

Their holiday and non-holiday albums seem to be doing well on iTunes, too. I am curious if there will be a sales spike the week after their AMA appearance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but will their performance on the main/primetime AMA telecast represent their biggest tv appearance to-date (in terms of number of eyes and ears on them)?

Weren't the CMAs a primetime network broadcast? Also the Tom Hanks tribute was. Now the AMAs might get bigger numbers, but then again we'd probably have to check the numbers on the CMAs (which are probably pretty big).

This is an incomplete listing as I can't recall all of their tv appearances. Also, this list is in no order of importance or Nielsen ratings numbers--just "major" tv appearances to-date, for them:

• The Ellen Show (daytime, but I think her show gets good numbers)
  • The Today Show (daytime; don't know if this or Good Morning America, or Fox & Friends has the greater viewership)
  • GMA (see Today above)
  • Fox & Friends (see Today above)
  • Late Night With Conan O'Brien
  • Ryan Seacrest Hosts Dick Clark's NYRE (late-night)
  • Kennedy Center Honors (primetime telecast; Tom Hanks tribute)
  • Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon (late-night)
  • Country Music Awards (primetime telecast)
  • The Muppets (primetime series)
  • American Music Awards (primetime telecast)
  • Charlie Brown Christmas (one-off primetime special; PTX will be seen as well as heard, right?)
  • Country Music Christmas Special (primetime)

They've been on the Queen Latifah Show (daytime) and the revamped Arsenio Hall late-night show--but both shows have been cancelled for several months now. I've always thought that of the ones I've listed, the AMAs had the best viewership, over the years. If they ever appear on the main/primetime Emmy, Grammy or Oscar telecasts, those would definitely count as their biggest tv moments. Pipe dream: Superbowl Halftime Show. This and the Oscars get around 1 billion viewers worldwide each year, no?

Another pipe dream: What if PTX could achieve a quasi-EGOT by appearing (in any capacity) on the main telecasts of the Emmys, Grammys, Oscars, and Tonys?

Edited by SrPab

Not exactly Pentatonix, but I thought of you all today.  I caught this interview with Christian McBride, who is a bass player, on NPR as I was driving home,  He described his role vividly, and of course I thought about Avi:

I always like making a sports analogy with regards to the bass. In football, if you're a part of the offensive line, most of the time people don't recognize you unless you're not doing your job. An offensive lineman is doing his job when nobody recognizes him. When the quarterback is back there throwing and grinning and smiling, and taking up all the spotlight, not getting sacked — that's because the offensive line is doing their job. But the offensive linemen don't really get the ball. They don't score a touchdown. They don't get the spotlight. But they are the most important part of the offense. They have to open the holes for the running backs; they have to protect the quarterback. Everybody follows the blockers. That's exactly what the bass player does in the band. We're protecting the harmony. We are making holes for the soloist out front.

Since I know a little something about football, I understand where he's coming from. I've heard it bandied about that a cappella groups often tune to the vocal bass (f they have one)--to stay on pitch/key. And I think instrumental bands also tune to the bass guitar?

Edited by SrPab

Another pipe dream: What if PTX could achieve a quasi-EGOT by appearing (in any capacity) on the main telecasts of the Emmys, Grammys, Oscars, and Tonys?

That would be epic. They could easily do sing CMA style.

Charlie Brown special also includes them singing with the All American Boys Chorus, press pics were just released. European interviews are starting to come out this week, promo-ing both TCTM and Pentatonix. So many Japan interviews, might put them into a playlist, haven't had the chance to watch anything but someone mentioned that in one of the radio interviews they were talking about their AMA's Star Wars tribute. Obviously no lyrics, medley of dums and das.

I don't know about the Superbowl Halftime Show.  That's going to require a lot of pyrotechnics and sequins and just a lot of "Show."  That doesn't really seem to be in the a cappella vibe which is about pure, organic music to me.  I dunno.  You're also being replied to by someone who thought the presence of dancers in CSL was too distracting.  I'll watch anything they do but the testosterone-amped Superbowl crowd many of whom will be half in the bag before the start of the second quarter (and understand that if my Vikings ever MAKE the Superbowl and/or if the Cowboys are losing, I too will be testosterone-amped but just not half in the bag)..........no, I don't see that ending well or pretty at all.  Just one Pentaholic's opinion.

And even at that now that I think about it, the Superbowl crowd would pale in comparison to the torches and pitchforks from the Tony crowd.  Anybody know if anyone non-Broadway ever survived the Tonys?  I am enlighten-able on this one.............not that PTX doesn't have Tony crowd quality chops.  See Superfruit's Hip Hop Goes Broadway 1 and 2 and Pop Goes Broadway (insert laughing crying smiley here).

Edited by Geeze

ToxicUnicorn, I can really relate to that quote, having played the bass clarinet in junior high and college band (I played sax in high school). We (hardly) ever got the solo, but we were adding to the core sound (we always bonded best with the tubas). I specified "hardly" on the solo question, because when I was in band at Marquette, our director wrote a piece for the band and orchestra to play together in concert, and being a clarinet player himself, he gave the four of us bass clarinet players a four-bar solo!!!! The only one of my entire bass-clarinet career, and it was sooooo much fun to play!

Oh, and they released their first Christmas video today, for "Joy to the World":

Edited by Sharpie66
  • Love 2

Hmm.  Cracker Barrel gets the sponsorship right up front.

That said, as usual they savily made sure the actual video still stayed on PTXOfficial instead of Cracker Barrel's own channel (again preserving their hit calculations and YT revenue).

I didn't like this version at first (through Scott's part), but this is one where Kirstie really picked up the song. She's very strong on this one. Mitch was good too, and Avi was really superior in his brief solo bit too. Really for some reason Scott was the weak point this time.  For some reason, that kind of Smooth Adult Contemporary delivery of his part came off as too bland with this one.  But the song totally turns around by the time Kirstie gets to her second or third verse, because she's really brassy and saucy with the delivery there (which might seem weird in a video set inside a church, but hey...)

Edited by Kromm

I love them.  That was Kevin's best video.  He looks so loose and happy.  They sound great.

She's very strong on this one.

I agree, that's the strongest vocal I've heard from Kirstie.  She isn't holding back anymore and she's awesome.  (Even though I really loved her in Little Drummer Boy, she sounds so much more confident here.)

Edited by ToxicUnicorn

A few new interviews/media seem to have popped up today for them.

AP: Pentatonix's Early Musical Ambitions

AP: Pentatonix Scream Their Way To The Top

Maximum Pop: What the hell did we get up to with Pentatonix last night? | MP! TV (frankly this is kind of annoying IMO--the "host" just blathers a lot)

Edited by Kromm

This is an incomplete listing as I can't recall all of their tv appearances. Also, this list is in no order of importance or Nielsen ratings numbers--just "major" tv appearances to-date, for them

I will say this... it's not the AMA aspect that makes this appearance big. It's the Star Wars tie-in aspect.  It's not just the size of the audience (I still think the CMA audience might be as big) but the positioning of PTX and their appearance's importance to the show as a whole. Again, it's (far) more Star Wars than PTX pushing this.... but look at the position of them in a TV commercial.  Thanks to Star Wars... they're pretty much placed on par with the host of the entire show (Jennifer Lopez--and how the heck did SHE get this gig?):

Now these days a lot of people just skip past TV commercials. But for those who don't, here's a huge national prime time commercial, playing over and over again during ABC's biggest shows, with the name "Pentatonix" being mentioned right there in Prime Time, over and over again each time the commercial plays.  Ergo, it's not even so much the AMAs themselves that's the key driver here, it's the commercials. People who never heard the name "Pentatonix" before are hearing it because of it (heck, just being in commercials that air during that Thursday night Shonda Rhimes block and their great 18-49 demographics would net PTX lots of new ears hearing their name).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

Maybe this is an unimportant aspect of the whole Star Wars appearance. 

Is Sony responsible for brokering this deal? 

Or their long-standing relationship with Disney? (they've been entrusted with appearing in some Disney TV properties, and perhaps now they're entrusted onto bigger plots of land, so to speak). 

When they were attached with Madison Gate, they actually have a lot of opportunities to get access to some movie things, right? But I guess they're not a large enough name for that push. But now I think they have a lot of leverage. That platinum album is a huge leverage, I suppose. Perhaps even bigger than the Grammy. 

Second time rubbing shoulders with Hollywood marquees? Outside of Pitch Perfect, (first Baz Luhrmann--he's like a brand in himself I guess), and now Star Wars. 

The Netflix-distributed docu seems to be drawing some new supporters. I wonder if any future acappella contest should just move to Netflix. I rather like how Gareth Malone's Naked Choir is packaged. It's more story driven rather than cold pop-contest format which the Sing Off is trying to do. And it's cool to watch and a departure from the oversaturation of singing contests. I think it will be a good format for Netflix-based show. 

Edited by debbydeb

Hah. One puzzling line in that article.

In between rehearsals for the AMAs, Olusola spoke to Rolling Stone about the upcoming performance and binge-watching his favorite Star Wars movies on tour (his favorite is The Empire Strikes Back).

That's equivalent to saying "this person is not a mutant or an idiot".  I mean Empire is everyone's favorite. The only person who'd bother putting that into an article is a journalist who (somehow) knows zero about Star Wars.

I have to admit I am still really skeptical about properly integrating a capella with a full orchestra.... so... hopefully Kevin isn't just caught up in his own enthusiasm. The way I'm imagining this now is probably PTX opening the song with no instrumentation then the orchestra coming up behind their vocals. Of course then they're redundant/unhearable for that part, unless the orchestra goes quiet/low key later in the performance. 

Hopefully they'll actually get to meet Williams before the actual performance day. I mean it kind of sounds like they'd HAVE to, since this is going to be fairly complicated to pull off.

Is the AMA going to be livefed online? (Like the grammy's last time). 

I wouldn't know where to watch it otherwise. 

I'm so excited and anxious at the same time.

The last time they have an orchestra (the Star Spanggled Spectacular), Avi and Kevin are nowhere to be found soundwise. 

Edited by debbydeb

I'm so excited and anxious at the same time.

The last time they have an orchestra (the Star Spanggled Spectacular), Avi and Kevin are nowhere to be found soundwise. 

Well, the rehearsal interviews have them pumped for the performance, so we'll see.  Like he has wantonly done to  so many others, Avi has destroyed my beloved Skull Candies and so I'll have to suffer through this with in ear buds (sigh).,.........................actually that's partially a lie.  I didn't help that I sat on them by mistake.............but I wanted him to have destroyed them.

Edited by Geeze
  • Love 1

They're number #11 this week!

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=298584

I hope there's still space in the Top 10 next week.

I don't know if they can trail in No 2 for a good few weeks again like last week, but a Top 10 or Top 5 would be amazing. I hope the AMA will go on to win new fans.

It will be an amazing cap to an amazing year. Looking back, this has been a pretty great year to be a Pentaholics. I might just overdose on the excitement. Ah but...

Tis the season anyway....

Edited by debbydeb
  • Love 4

Watching AMAs on dvr-delay. First quote, from the announcer: "...featuring the incredible vocal talents of supergroup Pentatonix!"

Oh, and saw a commercial for the CMA Christmas special. Order of artists announced is Jewel, Darius Rucker, then PTX, then someone else and the host.

Edited by Sharpie66
  • Love 4

Watching AMAs on dvr-delay. First quote, from the announcer: "...featuring the incredible vocal talents of supergroup Pentatonix!"

Oh, and saw a commercial for the CMA Christmas special. Order of artists announced is Jewel, Darius Rucker, then PTX, then someone else and the host.

Holy crap!! Fiat just the song and video for "Sing" in their new commercial!!!

LIVING!!!!!

So have they appeared on stage? How was it? Inquiring minds want to knoooooowww... 

Gosh stuck at the office with no streaming and no social media access *kicks IT guy*

They're going to be on now and were just introduced by Harrison Ford!

Kirstin's wearing Princess Leia buns, very cute.

The first two numbers were just them doing the Imperial March, featuring Avi's bass, of course, then Mitch doing Luke's theme, then the orchestra came in with the big theme and then they joined in, with the same problem that showed up at the Kennedy Center--no audible Kevin and very little Avi.

Edited by Sharpie66
  • Love 1

They're going to be on now and were just introduced by Harrison Ford!

WAAAAATTT!!

WOW!

What an honor. 

So did John Williams conduct the thing? Yesterday I read that they're not sure whether he'll be conducting himself, or some other conductor doing the tribute. 

OOOOH CAN'T WAIT FOR THE VIDEO

@Ptxnewsandstuff that's A bigfatdeathstarsized HINT TO YOU!!! :) 

OMG SO EXCITED. Harrison Bleeping Ford. 

At the risk of being tomatorpedo-ed by everyone: Did Hans sing Solo?

Edited by debbydeb
  • Love 2

Ha on the pun!

No John Williams appearance, unfortunately.

Kevin is wearing a white outfit like the Boyaga character in the new flick, Avi is wearing a Darth Maulish cowl jacket, and Mitch trumps them all in a truly fab full-length black robes/dress with fantastic black detailing.

• Love 3

They followed the Celine Dion tribute to Paris after an ad break that started with the Fiat ad, included another CMA Christmas commercial, then showed the new (very brief) Star Wars scene, Harrison Ford going through some other Williams themes, then he intro'd the orchestra and PTX, then they got a standing o at the end.

• Love 3

Celine Dion tribute to Paris. Gosh I need to look it up once work lets out. *kicks IT admin* 

The costume description sounds amazing. So they're dressed like they're doing Love Again?

I hope Kirstie dresses like Amidala. 

What did Scott wear? I hope not Chewbacca/R2D2. 

When's my work day gonna eeendddd..  *cries*

I've listened a few times and I could hear Avi fine and Kevin is making some cool swishy/windy noise effects when the orchestra comes in.

I really liked it! Loved their Star Wars inspired outfits. I did sort of want to see more reaction shots from the audience, but I have feeling it was late enough in the broadcast that a lot people had already left.

• Love 3

Holy crap!! Fiat just had the song and video for "Sing" in their new commercial!!!

Sing is a very good song, IMO. Good idea on Fiat's part.

No John Williams appearance, unfortunately.

I guess that wasn't even clear to PTX themselves, based on how Kevin answered that question the other day.

The first two numbers were just them doing the Imperial March, featuring Avi's bass, of course, then Mitch doing Luke's theme, then the orchestra came in with the big theme and then they joined in, with the same problem that showed up at the Kennedy Center--no audible Kevin and very little Avi.

That was inevitable. It's good they had a part aside from the orchestra, because orchestra + PTX = "the trio and a backing orchestra and two guys you can't hear".

Fiat Commercial:

https://youtu.be/saBdhhYKScs

So-so copy of the AMA performance (weirdly cropped and with no intro):

https://youtu.be/0bxXYghW_Xc

AMA Red Carpet Interview:

• Love 5

I will say, after watching it a few times, I have NO idea what Sing has to do with the REST of the message of the Fiat Commercial. That said, it sounds nice.

Some random girl who seems to have weaseled her way into the AMA Gifting Suite, whatever that is, got to interview a few of the band. To be honest, she really seems to have no idea who they are other than that they're famous. I'm posting them though because in an odd way it's hilarious viewing. 

Scott:

Kirstie:

Why were their heads cut off during that whole AMA performance?

It's probably how the person who posted it intends to get around the automatic thing YouTube uses to scan for stuff that might have rights issues, I think. Maybe. I mean more often you see someone reverse/invert something or shrink and frame it.

• Love 1

Tweeted this out because the hate was strong tonight. Bring on the hate and criticism. It was an instrumental and a cappella performance. What were they going to expect with a song with no words.

"The resurgence of a cappella & rise of @PTXofficial is bringing out all the hate. Don't like it then okay but respect the art."

Given the all clear. Tribute -

Fiat Ad -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saBdhhYKScs

Edited by ptxnewsandstuff
  • Love 3

Tweeted this out because the hate was strong tonight. Bring on the hate and criticism. It was an instrumental and a cappella performance. What were they going to expect with a song with no words.

"The resurgence of a cappella & rise of @PTXofficial is bringing out all the hate. Don't like it then okay but respect the art."

Seems like the hate was inevitable from a few directions.  The hard-core a capella defenders who resent any popularization AND from the very hardest core super-defensive Star Wars nerds who get too far up their own asses about everything even vaguely related to Star Wars and go into super-critical mode at the drop of a hat. Oh, and I guess there also might be a group that resents the AMAs being a commercial for Star Wars and are blaming Pentatonix as the messengers.

• Love 3

A Fiat? They should've done a Ford *laughs at own joke, and tumbleweeds from everybody else*

I'm also glad that they do their commercial in the same vein as their Sing MV. It just gives a cohesiveness.

Although it also gives me an OK Go vibe to the whole thing. 

I basically snuck out over lunch and watched every video there is until I run out of data. 

AMAZING. BRAVA BRAVO! 

Thank you for giving them a good minute and a half to do their own thang... 

And then basically it's orchestra + choir.

Kirstie with Leia buns and amazing head dress!! 

Still bummed she's not Amidala though. But Leia bun is more iconic and Amidala is too theatrical. And the second longest hair is Avi's and that can't be made into a Leia bun in such a serious setting (if it had been an SNL skit, then it'll be funny. Leia with basso voice). 

SO SO SO Proud of them.

They seem nervous in close up. but they're still on point in everything. They discharge themselves well!

It was amazing to watch even on a small phone screen. Can't wait to do it properly on my computer at home. And just Soak it in. 

And my worst fear came through. All the haters came out of the woodwork. 

Whatever dude. :) 

I'm just so happy that they go from strength to strength.

Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks (Rita Wilson) love 'em. :P

Edited by debbydeb
  • Love 2

Youtube Rabbit Hole went somewhere interesting tonight.

The folks on this channel have made a whole series of "Story of Pentatonix' videos. Go look through their videos for all of them. Not just music, but also a lot of talky bits throughout the group's whole history that you otherwise have to hunt all over to find.

The one that really was interesting was the video they put together with all of the early stuff--a ton of it from before Pentatonix. Every piece of this is out there elsewhere to find, but it's in a nice neat package.

Stuff from Scott from as early as 2004 (including a 2004 talent show, what's clearly a recorded Country song from 2005, and then getting around to singer-songerwriter type stuff by 2006). Clips of Kirstie and Mitch in all kinds of High School stuff together (2008-2009). Avi in his college choral group and Kevin celloboxing (all also 2008-2009ish). The Trio finally all performing together in 2010. And more.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

Lots of praise for their performance and then there's Billboard.

"It was a lot of vocal ba-ba-baaa and doo-doo-doo, so honestly, when the orchestra took over, it was a bit of a relief." - All the Performances Ranked From Worst to Best

What the freak are they suppose to do. Add imaginary lyrics?! 

Then there's this, will give it a pass. It was a giant publicity campaign, he/she probably got sick of all the promo.

"...as a timely endorsement for The Force Awakens but not sure if Chewbacca & Co. would have gotten jiggy with this set." - 9 Best & 3 Worst Moments

"It was a lot of vocal ba-ba-baaa and doo-doo-doo, so honestly, when the orchestra took over, it was a bit of a relief." - All the Performances Ranked From Worst to Best

What the freak are they suppose to do. Add imaginary lyrics?! 

Heh. I did have one funny thought during it. I think we should game out a theoretical guest appearance for one of the PTX members (not sure which one) on the next season of Hollywood Game Night, so we can see their prowess at "Doo Doo Dooing" rewarded (in that game they have on that show where they have to take popular songs and replace all the words with just the sound "doo").

I do have trouble taking this Joe Lynch person seriously when he thinks Ariana Grande, who although she's got a nice voice, can't properly enunciate even a single syllable (so it all comes out as one admittedly sweet toned but 100% indecipherable warble--really it's like she's gargling and random sounds are coming out more than singing specific words), was the performance of the night.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1