Type keyword(s) to search

Paul Dierden: Monitor Turned Boyfriend

Are we sure he didn't know Mark was a clone? I think he could know about Mark's clone status and not reveal it. Right? That would fit with rest of your fanwank of Paul being a double agent/sleeper agent.

I'm having a hard time reconciling that with the showrunners saying that originally Paul was going to kill Mark during a fight outside the bar.

Maybe it's best for me to avoid interviews with the showrunners, lest I get LOST flashbacks.

Are we sure he didn't know Mark was a clone? I think he could know about Mark's clone status and not reveal it. Right? That would fit with rest of your fanwank of Paul being a double agent/sleeper agent.

Yes, that makes sense.  It's also possible Paul was still in the dark about Mark's being a clone at that point and didn't learn until later.  Thinking about that episode reminds me of another reason Paul was a terrible monitor.  He was told that monitoring Rachel was a 24/7 job, and the very next thing he does is leave town for a few days to stalk Sarah!  OK, I guess that was at Rachel's direction, but I still thought it was odd.

The other thing that occurred to me today - how does Sammy's message to Beth fit in with Paul's double agent status.  His message was "Keep the faith.  Paul's like me, he's on it.  He's a ghost."

'He's on it, he's a ghost' fits with Paul being a double agent I guess, but why did Sammy think telling Beth that would help?  How much did Beth know?  Why did Sammy know about Paul?  Was Sammy also a double agent?  Why did Sammy use his dying breath to get this message to Beth?  What purpose did it serve other than letting the writers drag out revealing anything substantial about Paul?

I think Sammy is also a double (or sleeper) agent.  What I found puzzling was why Beth called him in the first place.  Tony said he hung up on her, but it still seems odd she would call Sammy.  Was she in the habit of contacting monitors?

I'm having a hard time reconciling that with the showrunners saying that originally Paul was going to kill Mark during a fight outside the bar.

Maybe it's best for me to avoid interviews with the showrunners, lest I get LOST flashbacks.

So, what I recall their saying is that they were going to kill him off in that episode and then changed their minds and made him a clone instead.