Type keyword(s) to search

Krampus (2015)

berlioze
  • Start Topic

Saw this Saturday, and really liked it! It doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything, and yeah, there were bits you could see coming, but when it's done well, it makes for such a fun ride. Cast was great and pulled off the comedic touches without being over the top.

I was pleasantly surprised by the look of Krampus. And I had no idea what his minions would look like, so that was a great visual too. The whole film gave me a Gremlins vibe. I think it would be an instant classic for me if I saw it when I was younger..Really cool to see that it surpassed expectations at the box office.

This is one of three films released this year about Krampus. Seems more Americans are falling in love with Krampus. We need to have Krampus established. Tell children that if they continue to misbehave Krampus will come and put them in a cage on his back. Then he takes the naughty children to hell and throws them into a lake of fire. 

A Christmas Horror Story an anthology where William Shatner as a radio dj hosts a number of interconnected stories one of which involves Krampus. 

Krampus: The Reckoning is the third. 

I really enjoyed it as well; I found it very tongue-in-cheek;  the opening titles definitely set the right tone.

During the penultimate scene, I thought they were going for a "Christmas Carol" like ending, which I actually would have been OK with, until Granny's VO reminded us that Krampus doesn't give anything, he only takes.  

I loved the evil minions. The comparison to Gremlins seems apt.

Wasn't fooled by the fake-out "it was all just a dream" happy ending, and I was surprised that so many people at my screening were apparently taken in by it. People actually got audibly angry and started cursing and walking out of the theater. I thought, Dude, it's 2015, this is not some happy-go-lucky children's movie. They're not going to end it on this sugary sweet note, so relax!

I loved the evil minions. The comparison to Gremlins seems apt.

Wasn't fooled by the fake-out "it was all just a dream" happy ending, and I was surprised that so many people at my screening were apparently taken in by it. People actually got audibly angry and started cursing and walking out of the theater. I thought, Dude, it's 2015, this is not some happy-go-lucky children's movie. They're not going to end it on this sugary sweet note, so relax!

I hate people who only want happy endings. These people have ruined many a movie in test audience screenings. I am Legend with Will Smith springs to mind.  

• Love 1
On 8/17/2016 at 9:52 AM, Anela said:

I need to watch this again when I'm more awake, but my favourite part was with the christmas cookies. 

I watched this, the other night, and that's still my favourite scene. With the dog saving the day. 😄