Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Spirit That I Have Seen

Well, this episode just made me REALLY wish Simon was not really dead. Can this show pull a pretty little liars and make him be alive again?  So the Jasper/Samantha thing is all about a diamond..?  I don't even really care anymore.This show really is all over the place. I really don't think it's different writers for each episode, I think it might be different writers for each scene. 

• Love 2

Uh... I think the show officially lost me tonight. I'm so confused.

So Jasper and Samantha's were working together to steal the diamond but then he backed off after he fell for Eleanor (yawn!) so she popped up to finish the job? Well, OK. Nice callback with the "you don't control this" bit, surprised they referenced that when they've been working to redeem him from his crappy beginnings. I hate that Eleanor is getting played like this. She's so happy and relaxed with "Mandy", and it's not like with Beck where she felt like she had to live up to his expectations. And I don't see how the expected reunion with Jasper will happen once this whole thing comes to light... this just makes the situation even worse. I really hope Silver Fox is legit, maybe sent by one of Robert's people to protect her. He didn't seem to like Jasper's supposed vetting of Samantha, so I hope he's suspicious enough to do his own research.

I still hold out hope that Lacey managed to escape but it seems he's confirmed dead. Maybe Elizabeth Hurley didn't have it in her but I wanted more of a reaction to the news. The love of her life, dead, elicits a mere sigh? Lucius and Ted's conversation was so creepy, and now I believe Ted killed Simon on purpose, not by being a crappy security agent. And/or maybe the domino people told him what to do and Ted's just saving his incompetent ass. Either way, I'm glad Helena doesn't believe Lucius's confession. Maybe she'll start having visions now.

Speaking of... Cyrus and his hallucinations were so very, very weird. A good excuse to have the actor back, though. As surprisingly cute as I find them, I'm confused about why Cyrus and the upgraded maid are so sweet on each other so fast, and where this is meant to go. Wackadoo theory: they steal Prudence's baby and try to pass him off as their own. I don't know. *throws hands up*

Polo girl (if she got a name tonight, I missed it) and Liam are marginally better than Ophelia and Liam but I can't say I'm excited about them either. Had to laugh when the interim PM said she thought he was fun or a playboy, whatever she said. He really isn't.

Joan Collins had a couple of good zingers tonight: the "taste the rainbow" one (with Helena's teenager-esque eye rolls) and the "watch the hair" line.

The promo after the show took me by surprise but I guess we are at the midpoint now, so we get a special one. Not really a big deal but just in case:

There was a shot of a blonde woman we've never seen before, who for some reason is piquing my interest. And I saw Cyrus with a maid and a baby crib. Hmm.

I don't find the show confusing so much as they've got a lot of plot lines in the water. It's only ep 5, some of the stuff that's going on is still in the process of being set up so we don't know what's happening or going to happen because the story isn't there yet. I think perhaps what is causing confusion is that there are so many little stories & we're only getting pieces of each all mixed in with each other. I'm not confused, I just see a lot of lines in motion. Also a lot of it feels like it's off the cuff, made up as they go along. I'm not sure they've got a detailed plan outlining what's going to happen.

I too wish King Simon would do a Alison DeLaurentis. I really like the actor a lot, I've seen him in other stuff.

Not sure what's happening with Cyrus and his maids. I wish they'd gotten 2 actresses that look less alike. It's kind of hard to tell them apart. I'm wondering what the story is with the younger/thinner looking maid who just got the promotion. She's too good to Cyrus to be for real.

I'm hoping that the actress that played Ophelia is not returning and the British girl in purple is next in line to be Liam's love interest. Not that I like her per se, but I really loathed Ophelia, the actress bugged. I hope she's gone for good.

Some of the stories seem to be spinning their wheels too. Liam and Eleanor (is that her name? I'm still not clear on his sister's name. Does she have the same name as the queen?) put like no effort into their search for their father's killer. Likewise the security guy, Ophelia's dad who's really kind of useless in terms of security.

I forgot the name of the organization with that interesting logo, but they're not getting much attention either, just little bits here and there. We haven't heard anything more about Robert's death or their involvement in it or the why of it.

Joan Collins looked amazing tonight, especially in that purplish outfit she had on when she gave Lenny the earrings.

I really enjoyed this episode. I'm enjoying the show for the most part. I'm not expecting high caliber writing & am just enjoying the farce of it and the pretty scenary.

With Jasper (god what a gorgeous man - I'm happy when he's in an episode, don't care about his storyline) I think it's exactly as you've said, ohmygodsowicked. Not original at all, kind of trite, but I think that's where they're going. His partner pretty much spelled it out for us when she told him she saw the look in his eye when he looked at Lenny. And I think you're right too about the queen.

I don't think Eliz Hurley has the emotional depth/acting chops to pull off a more of a reaction over Lacey's death.

This shows reminds me so much of what goes on in historical fiction about king/queen in medieval times, the sneaky little plots and intrigues that go on only this is more modernized. So I enjoy it for that aspect too.

I'm interested in the security guy who replaced Jasper, the silver fox. We don't get much about him.

• Love 1

I mean, whatever. The first season was surprisingly really good, I expected to hate it and then since E! reran the show like gangbusters, I binged watched like the first half of the first season and was hooked. They really had a lot to work with here and this season, something just feels off. I'm not sure what it is but it feels very disjointed. I don't know. I think the show might be losing me but then again, there's nothing else keeping my interest at 10 pm on a sunday night. 

• Love 2

So what's going to be the plot now? Nobody is going to be looking for SImon's killer, a diamond heist isn't really a season long plot, there are only so many lesbian scenes we can watch, we've already seen Liam dating a boring girl, the secret organization doesn't do much besides leave it's symbol in places, & between Cyrus & Ted, we've got enough hallucinations for two shows. So what is the show going to be about?

• Love 2

So what's going to be the plot now? Nobody is going to be looking for SImon's killer, a diamond heist isn't really a season long plot, there are only so many lesbian scenes we can watch, we've already seen Liam dating a boring girl, the secret organization doesn't do much besides leave it's symbol in places, & between Cyrus & Ted, we've got enough hallucinations for two shows. So what is the show going to be about?

I find myself not really caring much about where it goes.  Most of the plot lines are just so out there and crazy...but I find myself loving it despite that.  It's over the top, outrageous, and soapy, but it's definitely filmed like the content is of much higher and serious quality.  I think if the acting and sets were of lower quality I might feel otherwise, but as is I look forward to it every week. 

• Love 3