Type keyword(s) to search

2K15 Live Show 3: First Two Song Week/Jukebox Week

Louisa Johnson 1st Song Public Pick: You would think it would be a breeze to sing a Justin Bieber song. But Louisa directed her voice badly through the beginning of the song. It was all getting swallowed again and ending up in the back of her throat. She only started singing out when she got to "For all the times you said you hated my friends." I've said it so many times but that's not singing. You can't just sing when you get to the chorus or when you get to your high notes or your riffs. You have to sing THE WHOLE SONG. And she doesn't have the depth to make those "soul" moments shine. Her voice was cracking a lot tonight.

4th Impact 1st Song Public Pick: Beginning wasn't terrible but it should have been more supported and smoother. That opening should sound angelic and like silk. Not shaky and fragile. It sounded a bit like they had to find their pitches before singing the harmonies. I feel like the one with the Minnie Riperton/Mariah Carey high notes, the third one to sing, is the only one with something really special. They're still kind of rough as a group but this is one of the better showings. Clean up the riffs or don't riff.

Reggie N Bollie 1st Song Public Pick: The public are awful. This is not a real song. I mean, I know it's a song. I'm not that old. But it's not a real song. Certainly not one you should do on a singing competition. The Reggie n Bollie breakdown part sounded awful. Really poorly sung. Like, painful. Cheryl getting up there in her pantsuit with her awkward fist-pumping and gang signs was just... Yeah, NO.

Lauren Murray 1st Song Public Pick: It started a touch whiny. But it was pretty decent aside from that. I think it helped to not have a last minute song change. I think the main issue was stage presence and staging. For the most part, the vocals were there. But it wasn't given the support of a star performance and she wasn't coached into having that confidence on stage.

Che Chesterman 1st Song Public Pick: The 10th or so time I heard this song on the radio, I thought they'd give it to Louisa to scream-sing. When he started, he was no Adele but it was fine. THEN he forgot the words. Oh, boy. He covered OK with some pretty riffs. But the silences were loaded. It could have been a big moment but it was just OK. Still better than Reggie n Bollie. Oof.

4th Impact 2nd Song Judge's Pick: Thank you for putting their names on the boxes, X Factor. I will now remember them for... the length of this song. Celina's rap was like if a K-pop or Japanese singer had learned a rap phonetically. I know this song and I could barely understand it. All the singing was really rough.

Che Chesterman 2nd Song Judge's Pick: He's got a great smile. It's where a lot of his charisma comes from. There was a bit of a rough moment in the middle (did they skip part of the song) but overall, solid vocal (acknowledging that he's no Otis Redding) and good performance.

Reggie N Bollie 2nd Song Judge's Pick: Rough moment when they sang together. Better than round 1. But it seems like they're losing momentum.

Lauren Murray 2nd Song Judge's Pick: This song belongs to Leslie Gore. I know she was doing the new terrible version but I can still hate it. It wasn't bad but the beginning was annoying and the chorus was very theatrical in a bad way. It felt like I was watching an off-Broadway jukebox musical. They are not setting her up to be a star. That said, great vocal from Lauren. It's not her fault terrible choices were made in the production.

Louisa Johnson 2nd Song Judge's Pick: Now that's how you stage a star performance. Great job by Louisa. She still needed more support when she wasn't singing out but this was so much better than round 1. Honestly, I think there might be some vocal damage or exhaustion. No more gigging during the week!

First Round: 1. 4th Impact 2. Lauren Murray 3. Che Chesterman 4. Louisa Johnson 5. Reggie n Bollie

Second Round: 1. Louisa Johnson 2. Che Chesterman 3. Lauren Murray 4. 4th Impact 5. Reggie n Bollie

It's hard to decide on overall rankings because things changed so much from round to round.

Overall: 1. Che Chesterman 2. Lauren Murray 3. Louisa Johnson 4. 4th Impact 5. Reggie n Bollie

First Round: 1. 4th Impact 2. Lauren Murray 3. Che Chesterman 4. Louisa Johnson 5. Reggie n Bollie

Second Round: 1. Louisa Johnson 2. Che Chesterman 3. Lauren Murray 4. 4th Impact 5. Reggie n Bollie

I don't disagree with those rankings. Even though Reggie n Bollie are clearly more popular than fifth place, and Lauren Murray could be eliminated tomorrow without me caring in the slightest.

• Love 1

Good! 

Fourth Impact is running out of talent shows to compete on. It wouldn't surprise me if Simon talks them into trying out for America's Got Talent because I don't think X Factor Australia would take them.

• Love 1

I really don't understand the pimping of Reggie n Bollie. I liked them the first two weeks but I'm really bored with them right now.

I'd never buy an album but I think they're a fun group on the show, and really smart because the other three finalists are more stand-n-sing so the Reggie/Bollie thing stands out more, and is kind of refreshing.

Speaking of buying- last year they put the songs on the US iTunes store.  This year seems different.  Is there any way to get recordings of the performances?  I'm enjoying pretty much everyone, there are a few I'd like to listen to again.

Speaking of buying- last year they put the songs on the US iTunes store.  This year seems different.  Is there any way to get recordings of the performances?  I'm enjoying pretty much everyone, there are a few I'd like to listen to again.

They keep mentioning iTunes rankings so I think they're being released but maybe not outside of the UK?