Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Downtown Odds

After an attack on a truckload of drugs and cash, the House sends Alex Kane to stop the violence between the gangs. Mr. Johnson has a conversation with Cassandra about her priorities. Meanwhile, Agent Rose Nolan is in hot pursuit of the truth about the House.

I've been saying how much I like this show, but the games just seem more and more contrived, and always something that is personal to Alex. 

I never bought Cassandra and Nick Wechsler anyway, so no loss there.  

That agent thinks she's hot stuff. 

My guide lists next week as the season finale.  I wonder if anything will get wrapped up.

• Love 1

My guide lists next week as the season finale.  I wonder if anything will get wrapped up.

The promo seems to just indicate finale, but I'm already sure after the episode cut.

I wonder if anything will get wrapped up.

I wouldn't bet the horse on it.

I didn't really enjoy this episode. The ending with the gangs was pretty dumb. Once a gang war gets started, it almost doesn't matter why it originally began.

I dunno, this whole episode felt off. Oh well, series finale next week, so a moot point.

I wouldn't bet the horse on it.

I didn't really enjoy this episode. The ending with the gangs was pretty dumb. Once a gang war gets started, it almost doesn't matter why it originally began.

I dunno, this whole episode felt off. Oh well, series finale next week, so a moot point.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't invested in anything that happened.  That gang girl came out of nowhere.  It was a little too much like the niece he suddenly had (although that was a much better story).  A lot of things about this episode just didn't work.

• Love 1

Like with most things Christopher Heyerdahl, I'm just bummed he was casted for an one-off villain role.  The man is worthy of at least recurring baddie.  At least they didn't waste him as badly as they did on Arrow.  Well, that, and the fact the show is probably going to be done by next week.

Yeah, the "game" of the week wasn't all that interesting.  I've seen numerous variations of "outsider causes a gang war to full-fill his evil needs," and done better.  And they really didn't establish Alex's bond with the gang girl enough to make her death has impactful as it was suppose to be.  They were more successful with his niece a few episodes ago.

Meanwhile, Cassie does the whole "break-up with someone to protect" him thing with her boyfriend, which was not surprising.  Besides, I have a feeling that, in an alternative universe where this show was a major hit, the final endgame was probably going to be Alex/Cassie.  If the writers had any kind of outline, I suspect Ginny was destined to be out of the picture as some point too.

Like with most things Christopher Heyerdahl, I'm just bummed he was casted for an one-off villain role.  The man is worthy of at least recurring baddie.  At least they didn't waste him as badly as they did on Arrow.  Well, that, and the fact the show is probably going to be done by next week.

Yeah, the "game" of the week wasn't all that interesting.  I've seen numerous variations of "outsider causes a gang war to full-fill his evil needs," and done better.  And they really didn't establish Alex's bond with the gang girl enough to make her death has impactful as it was suppose to be.  They were more successful with his niece a few episodes ago.

Meanwhile, Cassie does the whole "break-up with someone to protect" him thing with her boyfriend, which was not surprising.  Besides, I have a feeling that, in an alternative universe where this show was a major hit, the final endgame was probably going to be Alex/Cassie.  If the writers had any kind of outline, I suspect Ginny was destined to be out of the picture as some point too.

Agreed, although they might finish off the Ginny thing, next week's promo seems to indicate something.