Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual CMA Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’m not that much into Country Music but there are some artists and songs I like so I decided to record this. The lead off performance of Jelly Roll and Wynonna Judd was outstanding and practically induced goosebumps. I did think it odd that Wynonna clutched Jelly Roll’s shoulder and barely moved the whole time but maybe that was part of the intensity of the performance and maybe she was emotional with missing her mom as she indicated backstage to a Good Morning America reporter beforehand

I also liked best the performances of Lady Wilson and The War and Treaty

Edited by DanaK
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

I’m not that much into Country Music but there are some artists and songs I like so I decided to record this. The lead off performance of Jelly Roll and Wynonna Judd was outstanding and practically induced goosebumps. I did think it odd that Wynonna clutched Jelly Roll’s shoulder and barely moved the whole time but maybe that was part of the intensity of the performance and maybe she was emotional with missing her mom as she indicated backstage to a Good Morning America reporter beforehand

I also liked best the performances of Lady Wilson and The War and Treaty

Wynonna has vertigo, and has talked about it around her performances.

39 minutes ago, SoCal Mema said:

Wynonna has vertigo, and has talked about it around her performances.

I didn't know about that until after I posted. I'm sorry she has to deal with that; I've got some of that too, though it's mostly when I change to a prone position

5 hours ago, DanaK said:

I didn't know about that until after I posted. I'm sorry she has to deal with that; I've got some of that too, though it's mostly when I change to a prone position

According to an article I read, she posted a video on social media, responding to fans' concern, saying vertigo wasn't the culprit, just being "so freakin' nervous" because she's a big fan of his and didn't want to screw it up -- "I got out there and I was so nervous that I just held on for dear life".

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

According to an article I read, she posted a video on social media, responding to fans' concern, saying vertigo wasn't the culprit, just being "so freakin' nervous" because she's a big fan of his and didn't want to screw it up -- "I got out there and I was so nervous that I just held on for dear life".

I just read that and was coming to post it, which I’ll go ahead and do

https://ew.com/music/wynonna-judd-reacts-2023-cma-performance-concern-jelly-roll/