Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Blood Wood

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies
This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  • Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!
Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
  • Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea
Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

(If anyone thinks of a good subtitle for this thread, let me know -- I can edit that in anytime.)

(edited)

Well, I can get things started with an introduction. I'm an art historian from the midwest US, finishing up my PhD and panicking in general about school (thus watching this insane show as an escape from the reality of musty books and severe, all-seeing professors). My specialty is modern and contemporary art history, so I am out of my wheelhouse historically with this time period. That said, I absolutely love period pieces and costume dramas. 

I was a some-time active poster and a longtime lurker at TWoP, and came here at the suggestion of some people on the forum. Nobody in my immediate circle of friends likes to obsess over shows like I do, so I desperately need an outlet for discussing things like a king screwing a duchess out of a window. And I am looking forward to discussing it with all of you. 

I like: tea, books, space heaters, candles, some amount of trashy TV, pajama sets, BBC America, Rufus Wainwright, buying perfume, road trips, Dr Pepper Lipsmacker, Italian and Greek and Chinese and Mexican and Japanese food (basically, food), red wine, and watching The French Chef with Julia Child until I fall asleep. 

Edited by Allie56

Hi Allie.  I'm Martina, I'm 37, single, no kids none of that.  Actually I live with my best friend/roommate/ex boyfriend in a teeny tiny apartment across the street from a university so we are the over 30 people in a complex full of people 18-21.  We are known as "the old people" around here.  Heh.

I'm originally from Atlanta and lived there for 30 years but moved to a very small town in North Carolina several years ago.  I've been a burlesque performer for about a year now and that is totally awesome.

I discovered this show just a few episodes before Francis died, so I'm really new here. Thanks to Netflix I went back and binge-watched from the beginning and am now all caught up. I just wanted to say that I just returned from Ireland where I stayed at Ashford Castle, where the exteriors for the French court were filmed. It was a total coincidence; I was initially booked at Dromoland Castle and when my itinerary changed my travel agent put me in Ashford. I didn't find out until about a month before I left that this was the Reign castle! It was absolutely amazing and so much fun to see all the scenery in real life! The concierge even found me someone who was there at the time of shooting and I was able to chat with him over tea. I joked with my husband that maybe they had "The Chair" there but alas, it was only exteriors that were shot there. The interiors were shot on a set in Canada. If anyone has any questions or wants to see photos, let me know!

• Love 2