Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Nuclear Prom

Cranberry

I'm not even getting annoyed anymore, when the show does stupid or obnoxious stuff. I'm just starting to think that the relatively greater freedom people of my generation fought for (I'm 50) has resulted in total chaos. It seems like the way we were fighting to be able to express who we really were, the current thing is to fight not to be anything at all and to just kind of freak out in a non-specific way. No one on this show seems to have any ballast. Everyone is just competing for the greatest possible freedom to not know what they want but to do things anyway with the utmost passionate defiance. It's weird to watch. I never felt even a fraction of the desperation to do things I wasn't sure I wanted to, nor a fraction of the confusion about what I wanted. So it's just kind of foreign to me at this point. And very shreiky. It's like everyone is angry all the time, but it's not clear to me why.

• Love 2

Absolutely loved the episode. Everyone was great. I especially loved Shane & Karma's back and forth.

I think Amy kissed Felix to finally and ones and for all see where her sexuality truly lay. She told him that she worked really hard to make her Mom come to terms with her "not being straight"....so the process seems to be coming to an end. Karma's reaction to the kiss had nothing to do with Felix's feelings.

Can't wait for the next 2 episodes.

Also, Rita looked great in the green dress and Katie killed it in hers'

• Love 1

I thought this episode was fairly good, though not as much as the previous couple of episodes.  I think its because I've come to like Karma and its hard to see all the heartbreak she's going through.

I'm not even getting annoyed anymore, when the show does stupid or obnoxious stuff. I'm just starting to think that the relatively greater freedom people of my generation fought for (I'm 50) has resulted in total chaos. It seems like the way we were fighting to be able to express who we really were, the current thing is to fight not to be anything at all and to just kind of freak out in a non-specific way. No one on this show seems to have any ballast. Everyone is just competing for the greatest possible freedom to not know what they want but to do things anyway with the utmost passionate defiance. It's weird to watch. I never felt even a fraction of the desperation to do things I wasn't sure I wanted to, nor a fraction of the confusion about what I wanted. So it's just kind of foreign to me at this point. And very shreiky. It's like everyone is angry all the time, but it's not clear to me why.

It's an MTV sitcom.  Of course the characters are completely over the top.  I doubt they are any more representative of their generation than the characters on Awkward.  Having said that, in retrospect I think there were many occasions way back during my own teen years where I was desperate to do things I wasn't sure I wanted to do, while being confused over what I really wanted.  Maybe not as regards sexual orientation since I knew I was girl-crazy from the time I hit puberty, but certainly about many other things.  While this didn't usually manifest itself as crazily as it does on this show, that's to be expected since I wasn't living in an MTV sitcom.