Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS: New Orleans vs Other NCISs!

• Start Topic

How do you guys think this show compares to NCIS, NCIS: LA and/or other crime shows out there in terms of characters, cases, tone, themes, and just your general enjoyment?! 

It's interesting how the NCIS shows all seem to contain so many of the same sort of character types, though I'm finding these a lot more tolerable than the original NCIS characters were for me :) 

And, ugh, sorry for the typo in the thread title---I already reported myself, so I'm sure it will be fixed soon! 

I like this season of NCIS New Orleans better than the first.  They have toned down the accents and constant references to the local cuisine and other things.  I'm from Baton Rouge, grew up visiting New Orleans frequently, so that was a bit grating last season.  I think the show has finally found its footing and I like it a lot.  I'm a fan of the original one, but for some reason never connected with the Los Angeles show.  I've always been a huge fan of Scott Bakula ever since his days from Quantum Leap.  I just dated myself there.

• Love 3

It is strange that in the same agency where everybody except Agent Gregorio who was FBI, and I guess Kate and Ziva from the mothership all went to the same Federal Police academy yet each city does simple things that scream not really a franchise like wear their pistols in a different area. I guess New Orleans really stands out because they are different than other TV cops.