Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Prom Scare

The episode was a good staging for next week which looks very interesting. I'm curious to see under what circumstances Amy is going kiss Felix and if anything else happens between them, since its going to make Karma act out in episode 19.

I won't be surprised when Liam sleeps with Shane's sister. With Carter's obsession with age inappropriate relationships on the show its just a matter of time until it happens

Edited by Milks26

I won't be surprised when Liam sleeps with Shane's sister. With Carter's obsession with age inappropriate relationships on the show its just a matter of time until it happens

To be fair aren't most teen shows filled with semi inappropriate relationships ? Though this one is particularly bad with a cop dating a student, a college aged woman stalking a 17 year old who said he can't... Shane and his string of college age? bf's and the last MMA bf . Amy and her college age ex pressuring her to prove herself a lesbian with immediate lady loving.

At least this show hasn't gone to that old cliche of having a student hot for teacher... Like PLL. Then again are there any teachers at this school ? I can only remember the Principal lady.

• Love 1

I've never been big on teen shows. I predominately stick to Law Order, X Files, crime & drama shows.....shit like that.

But, I guess at the end of the day these type of relationships do happen in real life until the parents and police get involved.

Edited by Milks26

But, I guess at the end of the day these type of relationships do happen in real life until the parents and police get involved.

My highschool experience was so dull in comparison, just had a crush on a girl and a guy and nothing really happened except bullying. The really interesting stuff happened after highschool like a couple of my bullies trying to hook up with me and general misadventures.

Is anyone else watching this show ? This thread is dead :S

I'm also surprised at how few posts there are here.  I was thinking that this show seems to have gotten its mojo back.  I was laughing pretty much from the beginning to the end of this episode.

Is anyone else watching this show ? This thread is dead :S

Yeah, I think it's because of the leaks. Maybe if it weren't for that people may be more interested on talking. Or.. maybe i'm wrong and they just don't want to make opinions. But I keep blaming on the leaks because it's not exciting if you have already seen the entire season.

I'm also surprised at how few posts there are here.  I was thinking that this show seems to have gotten its mojo back.  I was laughing pretty much from the beginning to the end of this episode.

True! This episode was very funny. It was pretty obvious that Karma wasn't happy at all knowing that Amy choose to go with Felix to Prom instead of her.

I'm still watching. I'm not sure why I haven't had much to say about it. I feel like the show is probably more accurate in terms of current teens than previous generations, in that there is a lot more identity-tourism now and less terror and angst, but at the same time, I find the angst they do have (in the show) to be hard to give a shit about. Everyone is whining too much, and I don't really like most of them. Karma is so unlikable to me, not because of her sexuality but because of basically everything about her-- she's somehow managing to be both boring AND melodramatic and obsessed with idiocy like prom. And ditto Liam and Shane. Even Lauren-- I love that they have an intersex character, but she's such a total bitch, she almost never speaks unless she's complaining or yelling-- why does Theo like her? Why does anyone like her?

I do like when they show some complexity and that they are airing issues. But they often do it in a way that is annoying. Showing the reaction to the new bi guy could have been great. But having it turn into a competition where Karma goes full on vamp and Shane goes into competition mode-- it's gross, not funny, at least to me. I can't like any of these assholes.

Amy and Felix seem OK so far. The parents are often funny or interesting. I like it when Amy and Lauren bond as sisters. I want to like this show but I have trouble caring about any of the characters and liking them enough to want to listen to their annoying bullshit.

In this episode in particular, I just felt like I was gritting my teeth to get to the end.

My highschool experience was so dull in comparison,

Hell, mine was to. I went to an all girl school which had the usual scandals and verbal cat fights, but all in all nothing out o f the ordinary.

Well, this site was never overloaded with comments for the show. Honestly, the only place I've seen a vast amounts of comments about the show is on youtube, but its more of less comments instead of any real discussions. But, yes, the leaks have hampered traffic on here.

Edited by Milks26

Hell, mine was to. I went to an all girl school which had the usual scandals and verbal cat fights, but all in all nothing out o f the ordinary.

Well, this site was never overloaded with comments for the show. Honestly, the only place I've seen a vast amounts of comments about the show is on youtube, but its more of less comments instead of any real discussions. But, yes, the leaks have hampered traffic on here.

I wish I went to an all boys school, in theory that would have been more entertaining ...

I'm tempted to see if I can find the leaked episodes but then it'd be even longer until the next season and I kind of enjoy the anticipation of a prom showdown next episode. I do feel sorry for Felix that even though (in his head) he knows that Amy doesn't like him in that way he's also still hopeful (in his heart) that he might have a chance . He reminds me of Amy in that she sort of has her heart on her sleeve and is so easily emotionally bruised. I am curious about Felix's backstory. Less so in Shane's older sister. His whole family is full of attention seekers it seems.

I'm tempted to see if I can find the leaked episodes but then it'd be even longer until the next season and I kind of enjoy the anticipation of a prom showdown next episode. I do feel sorry for Felix that even though (in his head) he knows that Amy doesn't like him in that way he's also still hopeful (in his heart) that he might have a chance . He reminds me of Amy in that she sort of has her heart on her sleeve and is so easily emotionally bruised. I am curious about Felix's backstory. Less so in Shane's older sister. His whole family is full of attention seekers it seems.

Someone posted episode 17, 19 & 20 on youtube a few weeks back, and let's just say I was weak..LOL. I watched 17 and 19 but I was able to resist watching the finale. Episode 18 was not posted so I'm beyond crazy to find out what circumstances Amy kissed Felix, and if that's the reason Karma's is acting like a floozy in 19.

Right now they have Felix is in Oliver's season 1 predicament. He likes her, but she only likes him as a friend. Hell, Oliver still holds a candle for Amy....did you see how he lite up  when she entered drama club.

Felix's backstory is revealed in episode 19. I won't spoil it for you and you'd never guess what it is. Clue (depression can derive from it)

Anyway, we have 3 weeks left just continue the ride don't bother looking for the leaks anymore - its almost over.

Edited by Milks26

Regarding why people aren't talking much about episodes, I personally already saw the episodes weeks ago the excitement is out of my system already lol. I was dieing to talk to people back then lol but notice how Karma wanted to go to prom with no one else but Amy! I do hope MTV sees that the leaks do kinda effect viewings and won't take it too hard on the show because it's been fantastic lately