Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: The Best Of The Blind Auditions

• Start Topic

We won't be covering it editorially on Previously.TV, but in case anyone wants to talk about the clip show, here's a thread!

A recap of the blind auditions. Included: best-of moments; previously unseen footage; and a peek at the battle round.

I was unimpressed by the country singer Adam got, James (some French-sounding last name that I've forgotten). And his story of following his dream and leaving his four little children behind didn't impress me either.

But if I were -married- to that guy, I'd have been upset by him choosing Adam. I mean, if music is your hobby and you think it would be cool and fun to be coached "outside your wheelhouse" by Adam Levine, go for it.  But if you're serious about a country music career and one of the big stars in country music says to you, "Choose me and, whatever happens on this show, I'm committed to helping you get heard and get to the right people in Nashville who can help you", I think you say, "Team Blake".

Adam's always telling people, "I love you" "I'll fight for you", "You can take it all"...and then they're gone before the lives. Blake -rarely- lures someone to his team by promising to help them after the show (I can't remember a previous time when he's said it, but I imagine there must be one or two). Main thing is, he's the guy who actually -does- that, he has a track record, season after season, of being helpful to artists away from the show.

Anyway, my impression of James so far is (1) he's not that special and (2) he's an idiot.

• Love 5

I know, in the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal, but why did they show Jordan as being Adam's final pick (Carson said it, and it showed up that way in the box of 12 contestants) on the recap show, while in the main shows, he was picked in the first or second episode?  Like I said, no big deal, but it bugged me.  What's the point?