Type keyword(s) to search

Lost Shout Outs: Down the Rabbit Hole

• Start Topic

All jokes aside, when they brought up the Author and the Sorcerer, all I could think of was Jacob and Man in Black sitting not far from the beach playing their chess game.  I wish A&E had a bit more imagination than recycle plots from another show.

Besides, isn't that plagiarism or something?

They've been riffing off LOST right from the start. This author plot is very much like Jacob (author) vs MIB (Rumple). A&E must know the Jacob thing didn't go over too well in LOST. So, I don't get why they're trying to replicate it in OUAT. It doesn't fit.,

Oh, I know that!  I mean I used to be a huge Lost fan and I didn't even finish the series because I  got annoyed.  I hope they don't decide to delve in religion because nothing will make me quit this bitch faster than that.

For all "Lost"'s problems, it was a bit more ambitious than this show, so I don't think they'll go the religion route.  A&E just wants to have fun with the premise.  

I feel that "Once Upon A Time" actually had the same problems as the latter seasons of "Lost", from mid-Season 5 to the end.  They stopped trying to do character-based stories, and they stopped trying to incorporate the supporting cast members.  They had characters like Sayid, Sun and Jin standing around doing nothing. And then in the final season, everything was ultimately about MIB and Jacob, while even the protagonists like Jack, Sawyer and Kate became cardboard cut-outs, with no follow-through on potentially interesting situations like Crazed Claire returning in the final season.  This is very analogous to how "Once" plays out nowadays, where characters like Snow and Charming stand around doing nothing, while even the main players like Emma or Regina respond to the megavillain of the season, where nothing deep is explored and they just move onto the next set of actions.  

It's like A&E emulated early "Lost" in S1, but already in S2, they had jumped right into the plot-heavy, ignore-character mode of "Lost" S5-6.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3