Type keyword(s) to search

Prison Break Anticipation

I liked this show in it's first season, despite the ridiculous implausibilities (and there were many), but it kinda lost steam after the first season when they were no longer actually in prison. I remember reading that the creators had no expectation that the show would run for more than one season, and wrote themselves into a corner. I didn't even know there was a sequel that showed how Michael died - which, BTW, was the stupidest thing this show ever did (and that's saying something) as it was completely un-necessary, put the fans in an uproar, and now they have to bring him back from the dead. And yes, I'll be watching.

• Love 2

Has there been any word on how that will be handled? I guess we didn't actually see him get blown up, but that's going to be an interesting plot to get around lol.

Was it faked somehow and he made the next ultimate sacrifice by disappearing to save Sara and his family?

Silly as I'm sure it will be, I'll be watching too.

Edited by CrazyDog

Moving my comments over here from the general TV forum:

According to TVLine, Fox is considering reviving Prison Break as a limited series. I don't know about the cast returning, but the concept can definitely be remade. When the original series ended, I remember saying that they should do a remake with Michael's son and Sucre's daughter; although they'd have to wait about 20 years!

I wouldn't mind a Prison Break reboot/revival/sequel, HOWEVER, I think it'd have to be with a whole new cast. Michael died, so the only character I'd really want to see again is Sucre. And the last season was so ridiculous and bad, I don't know if I want to see what else they'll do to extend the universe/story.

Let me see if I can decode some of the quotes from the announcement:

Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back.

T-Bag will be back.

“This is the pure vision of the creator of the show,” Walden continued. “It’s going to take a little bit of a detour from where we left off [with the straight-to-DVD coda],

Yeah, we're gonna retcon some things.

“What [Paul] pitched to us was a very logical and believable — in the world of Prison Break — explanation for why our characters are alive and still moving around the world.”

We will explain how Michael is alive -- it will NOT be logical. (We mentioned the retcons, right?)

"This is just one of those shows ... that generates buzz and enthusiasm, especially online," he said. "We think it's going to be a great treat for the audience."

Fans will be excited about seeing these characters back together again.”

Please come back and watch, Wentworth Miller fangirls. It'll be fun, we promise!

Seriously. And I was actually a fan. PB Season 3 kinda sucked (but it had its moments), but Season 4 sucked HARD. I think they could do another show with the same concept and a new cast; but bringing back the original cast to continue the story -- Ugh --they should let it go. (Plus, the producers already did their continuation with the DVD movie and, to a lesser extent, Breakout Kings.)

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1