Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: Smoke and Mirrors

Meanwhile, Stephen's brother disappears.

I think it should have been Meanwhile, Stephen's mother disappears. Luka is threatened by whack job Uncle Jedekiah (in his own words) and runs off.  Stephen should have been on the phone or maybe telepathically letting her know there was a situation at home.  Mom is a strong TP or so we were led to believe but she is nowhere to be found.  Sloppy writers.

I've said it before but John and Jedekiah's relationship is the best thing about this show.  They are both really selling it and give it layers of complexity that really resonate.  I credit Luke Mitchell and Mark Pellegrino; the writers haven't shown me that they can write anything like that.  They prefer high school triangles.

• Love 1

I think it should have been Meanwhile, Stephen's mother disappears. Luka is threatened by whack job Uncle Jedekiah (in his own words) and runs off.  Stephen should have been on the phone or maybe telepathically letting her know there was a situation at home.  Mom is a strong TP or so we were led to believe but she is nowhere to be found.  Sloppy writers.

I've said it before but John and Jedekiah's relationship is the best thing about this show.  They are both really selling it and give it layers of complexity that really resonate.  I credit Luke Mitchell and Mark Pellegrino; the writers haven't shown me that they can write anything like that.  They prefer high school triangles.

Well they are on the CW and high school triangles are it's bread and butter. Really makes me wish this show was on another network or, if the CW doesn't renew it, that some other network will pick it up and tweak it for the better. 

It seems like the days when other networks picked up shows are gone.  I cannot remember the last time it happened.  

It seems everyone is assuming that The Tomorrow People is a goner and can't be saved.

It was never very common for a different network to pick up a canceled show. Most of the time when a show is canceled, it's over. The last time I remember a different network picking up a canceled show was when TBS picked up Cougar Town from ABC. Buffy was the first time it happened to a show I watched. I don't recall it happening very often in between.

Yeah, usually another network will only think about picking up a show from it's original if it either has a strong concept they want to go with our it had a strong (if cult) following. TTP has a decent enough concept, but it's execution has been atrocious and the acting at times even worse. I can't see anyone else wanting to touch this train wreck without changing the premise, actors and writing. Basically, keeping only the title and concept. 

Hi, just joined from TWOP..my very first post!

I have enjoyed the show and the hot guys but am frustrated with the writing, acting, etc. I mean this episode itself left me scratching my head. How did Stephen get served a beer in a bar? Why is not in school? Where was the mom? I could go on and on....

As far as the shows chances of renewal, I really feel the only way for it to come back is if it were retooled. Or maybe Robbie's brother Stephen (from Arrow) can through a fit and demand the show come back or he wont be on Arrow anymore. LOL.

(edited)

Robbie and Stephen (from Arrow) are actually cousins. 

As for Stephen being served beer, the only way this is possible with such ease is because it's a show on the CW. At least that is the only reason that comes to me. That is one of many things that bugs me. If they were just going to treat him as a 21-year-old, why not let him be a college student that discover he has powers?

The best thing about this episode (and the show) is John and his scenes with Jedikiah. I've been re-watching their scenes in this and previous episodes and they never get old. 

Edited by JuneSEA