Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: Kanes and Abel's

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica investigates who at school is doing everything possible to distract the valedictorian front runner from studying and wreck her grades in an obvious attempt to sabotage her. Meanwhile, an unsavory, rival private investigator makes Keith a business offer. Later, Veronica pursues a risky lead that could discredit Abel Koontz's confession, as Logan stumbles onto her detailed files on everyone connected to Lilly's murder."

This is where I start getting annoyed with Veronica for not telling her father more about the investigation. He really could have helped here. Logan seems so understanding here, finding out about the investigation and all. I love that Veronica ripped up the check too. Such class.

I'm also happy any time we get more Vinnie. I feel awful about the outcome of this mystery but I think that it was handled well.

This is the first one with Vinnie, right, or at least more than a cameo, right? So good.

Sabrina is the wooorst. I was going to say that Neptune is maybe a little overpopulated with awful rich people and noble poor people, until I remembered I was going to make the opposite complaint a few weeks ago with Mac (her biological family are these wonderful rich people and her new family is gross poor people), so I guess it's not so unbalanced. :)

And yeah, it looks like now finally Veronica and Keith are finally going to just fully cooperate on this stuff, which is good. Keith probably would have told Amelia about her father's cancer right away, though, which would have made all of that for nothing regardless.

You'd think that maybe the stomach cancer plus the "patent settlement" would have been something that should have come out in trial, but I suppose that if you want to plead guilty to something there aren't necessarily that many ways for people to stop you....

The title ("Kanes and Abel's") kind of bugs me grammatically, but I guess it's the Kanes and Abel's family, not plural Abels, so it makes sense. It's cute, as with many of the titles, anyway.

Edited by Dougal
  • Love 1

I think (think!) if someone pleads guilty they don't do a full trial but just a sentencing portion. With Lamb being sheriff I'm guessing that once Able said he did it all investigation stopped and he didn't care about anything else.

I still didn't really understand why Veronica thought that telling the daughter about her father's cancer would have turned her against Veronica.  And how would the daughter even know for sure that Veronica knew the father had cancer just because security guy says so? Why would the daughter suddenly trust him after Veronica told her that there was a payoff and the daughter finds out that's true?  Just seemed like a pretty big plot hole to me.

Like how Veronica and Logan are rekindling their friendship that got derailed when Lilly died.

Nice for Veronica to see that working for rich people isn't always the 'good' cause.  At least there's a bit of a silver lining because Cho realized that he'll ultimately succeed, even if it takes a little longer.  And UCLA is a good school, even if its not Oxford.

Vinnie looks funny and love how Veronica gave him the obvious listening device to blind him to the 'spirit pin.'

I was going to say that Neptune is maybe a little overpopulated with awful rich people and noble poor people, until I remembered I was going to make the opposite complaint a few weeks ago with Mac (her biological family are these wonderful rich people and her new family is gross poor people

Well, Mac's bio family did give her up and  knows she is struggling a bit financially, i guess we wait and see if they try and help her out with college.  Also knowing how their blond daughter behaved, they aren't trying to make her a nicer person or reprimand her for being rude.  I also don't think the "poor family" is "gross", they just perhaps aren't as refined and don't have as much money.

• Love 2