Type keyword(s) to search

Vixen & the DCTU

Should this be in the DC TV Universe subforum or is it outside because of the animation thing?

Could go either way, I'm just curious.

Er, I guess there's also the "Online Streaming Only" thing too... but on the plus side it IS the actual actors from the other CW superhero shows.  No recasting.

• Love 1

I've seen it speculated that the voice actress was cast so that she could also play the part in live-action. Makes sense. If they do that, I wonder if it would be sometime this season or later? Maybe one or two episodes or a cameo.

• Love 1

I've seen it speculated that the voice actress was cast so that she could also play the part in live-action. Makes sense. If they do that, I wonder if it would be sometime this season or later? Maybe one or two episodes or a cameo.

It makes sense. I mean who wouldn't want Vixen to look like this?

UPTOWN_megalyn_echikunwoke.jpg

If they keep to traditional canon, then Mari McCabe is a model.

The big weakness is that Megalyn Echikunwoke, despite the super-cool African last name, is pretty light skinned.  I honestly don't remember if the character is supposed to be mixed race or not (which Echikunwoke is).

The lady has a real crazy bio too.  She almost seems better for Marvel's Black Panther (the female one) than DC's Vixen... because she's actual African royalty.

Echikunwoke means "leader of men" and Megalyn is the granddaughter of a Nigerian tribal leader, which technically makes her African royalty. Echikunwoke, whose father is Nigerian and whose mother is a white American, was raised on the Navajo Indian Reservation in Chinle Arizona.

• Love 2
(edited)

From Marc Guggenheim - this explains why Oliver is wearing his old Arrow costume in the Vixen comic...

useyourheartlikeaweapon asked:

Hi Marc! I wanted to know when Vixen will take place? I mean, during Arrow season 3 or after? And do you know if it will be available worlwide? So excited about that! xx

Vixen takes place circa Arrow Ep. 316.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/124446669469/hi-marc-i-wanted-to-know-when-vixen-will-take#notes

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I really liked Vixen's appearance on Arrow, and I hope they bring her back. She was great, and they even used some of the music from the animated series.

CW even played a promo for the animated series, which they should have done last summer when it actually premiered.

If they ever decide to do Birds of Prey, I hope they include her.

• Love 3