Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E18: Uninvited

The crew investigates the disappearance of a family after a squatter is found injured in their abandoned home.

I had figured that with the hiring of the repair man, Doug Adamson and him telling he dug ditches in the yard for sprinklers that more then the family dog would be buried in the yard. Wasn't quite sure how he got the storage unit if he keeps telling Jim Brass it wasn't him. Maybe one of the family looked like him to rent it?

The story line got to be a bit strange. Dad, Dwight Connor was fired by Marvin Braxton. Dwight had an affair with Jessica Fenton. He breaks it off and she kills the dog. Dog buried in back yard. Mom, Claire kills Jessica and the family goes to cover it up. Dad found dead with the car in a storage garage where the hired man, that the kids wanted to pin it on, had rented. But he had no knowledge of it. Later Heather the daughter was all "woe is me " until Brass pushed her then she got all cold and snotty acting. We then see mom, Claire and brother, Ethan buried in a field also. I do get that Heather may have beat dad to death. Weak arms and stuff, but how did mom and brother end up dead and buried? Did dad help then Heather beat him to death? Will more of this story come out in future? Did Adamson or Braxton have anything to do with the murders? What about nosy neighbor Madge?? A touch of drugs in Ethan's room too. If he beat dad to death, who killed and buried him and mom? How did they get there and back? Heather used Jessica's card to get travel tickets and room. Not to smart there. Seems like a lot of unanswered questions.

I agree with webruce, way too many plot lines unresolved and not enough closure.  It would be nice if this case came back some time in the future to clear up the confusion and clutter but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Love 1

This episode bugged me, because the CSIs made way too many assumptions in advance of the evidence all the way through (and completely failed to secure a conviction, which it seems is their job in TV Vegas). How many times did we hear somebody say "So dad beats his wife to death with the poker" when all they could really say was "Somebody was clubbed to death on this chair" (It was so refreshing to hear Doc Robbins say "That would be consistent with their injuries" because that's all he could say for sure). Of course, they should have just gone with the old CSI standby "The kid did it" because apparently she did, but it would have been nice for them to confirm that beyond an evil look from the daughter and a couple of buried bodies. Seriously, she was quite the accomplished little psychopath to have committed up to four murders, disposed of the bodies and picked a patsy to take the fall for them (probably).

• Love 1