Type keyword(s) to search

Climbing the Spitball Wall - An Unsullied's Take on A Song of Ice and Fire - Reading Complete! Now onto Rewatching the Show and Anticipating Season 6!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sorry, I'd taken a brain-cleansing break for a bit.  Nothing to do with you all, just every now and then the never-ending political cycle makes me need to contemplate unicorns, British Baked Goods, all manner of fantasy of the happy variety so that I don't run amok in the streets declaring that only anarchy can save us all from ourselves and shouting things like, "Fuck it! ICECREAM FOR DINNER!" because I'm not sweating my diet when half the time it sounds like the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are clip-clopping along, following the ever maddening geopolitical cycle.  

So I took a break and missed several posts while doing so, but I did get to visit the most delightful of lands:  The Great British Bake Offs tent.  Apparently, everyone has decided that they are headed to my place so that we can all dork out together, wine in hand, crumb-commentary on our lips, a ready smile and a round of hugs to go with the drooling.   

Anyway, I remember you from BSG Independent George and did have to laugh at your description of How to Pass as Unsullied because that's a level of dedication that almost competes with the level of dedication the Unsullied actually practice.  The thing is though, I don't think people generally wanted to go undetected entirely.  I think half the fun of doing that for people was to get to feel like they'd kicked a puppy, you know?  Part of the fun of it for the malicious bookwalkers was in knowing that they were ruining someone else's fun.  That Tears of Lys person absolutely did that, but had to know that we'd understand precisely what they had done after the episode aired....and we did.  I think some people are just so miserable, angry and full of bile that the only way they feel better is to purposefully hurt other people and have them know it.  

However, there was someone who pulled it off pretty much perfectly and we never suspected it until they just gone and all their posts hidden.  I take it the mods had watched Mr Microphone pretty closely, but I never actually noticed that poster or remembered their opinions even after they were busted by a mod.  I do know what caused the busting, they mentioned that Visery had been called the Beggar King during his wandering time and that turned out to be book only information.  To this day I really don't know what he or she got out of the entire deal, because there was no malicious spoiling.  There was no moment where the whole, "Oh man, we've been had" sunk in and made anyone feel awful.  If they were doing it to try and feel smart, well okay, but again....to this moment I have pretty no recollection of any theory he or she ever floated.  

In retrospect, there was, of course, another person who I assume all readers had long suspect was a bookwalker, but that person took a powder of their own accord.  He never really speculated on much of anything, though.  In absolute truth, I think that particular person thought he was helping.  I've talked to Mya about it and yup, he definitely walked amongst the sheep and all that, but didn't take any pelts or hurt anyone.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 2

I have been trying to find the proper place for my question since I started watching the series this summer.  I am on the last episode of season 7 [happy dance] but my question is from season 5:

In the episode where Dany, mother of dragons, allows the fight pits to start back up and she is sitting with Tyrion on the Queens dais the fanatics with the gold masks break out and start killing each other.  A dragon shows up and torches the bad guys - yay.  Dany flies off on the dragon and at some point the dragon gets hit by arrows.  I think it dies right there and Dany climbs off and has to walk since there isn't a dragon to fly home with. She ends up getting abducted by dothrakis(?) and then has to burn down their long house and she walk out of the flames.  Loved that part and wanted to kneel to her myself........................

Now cut to season 6 and she has 3 dragons again.  How??????????????