Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Hot Topic

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show -- a social thread and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new threads for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

The other night I watched a show on Charles Manson and the Tate/LaBianca murders.

I know this was in 1969 and nothihg like this has ever happened before but the police where very incompetent with these cases.

There were two jurisdictions investigating; one for the Tate murders and one for the LaBianca murders. They refused to share information with each other. The Tate crime scene was compromised (trashed). Over 100 officers walked all over the crime scene.

It took news reporters to find the clues at the scene. They found evidence that was missed by the police. One reporter was staking out the scene and observed some bikers driving up to the residence and trying to scale the gate to get in. They were scared off and she followed them out to the ranch where Manson was staying. The police ignored her report.

It wasn't until months later that one of the Manson girls who was arrested for a different crime blabbed to her cell-mate about the murders that police suspected Manson.

A huge police force with seasoned detectives and they could not follow the clues.