Type keyword(s) to search

Kassidy Yates: Ship Captain

It was because he luuurrrrved her! While I thought Eddington was smarmy and holier-than-thou about his part in the resistance, I felt Kassidy was relating to the situation on a humane level, not a political one.  I may be wrong in seeing those characters like that, but I could see Ben forgiving someone for wanting to help those marginalized while the Big Powers fought.  IIRC, Kassidy wasn't aiding the Maquis directly, but helping families, children, sick, and elderly who were caught between factions. If I am remembering incorrectly, forget what I said. :)

• Love 1

Also, Kassidy wasn't Starfleet, and I think part of the anger Sisko felt toward Eddington wasn't just personal betrayal but betrayal of his Starfleet oaths and allegiance, as well. Plus, Kassidy went to jail and served her time, paying her debt to society.

• Love 2

When she was first introduced, I figured she'd last a few episodes before disappearing. I'm glad she stuck around. It was nice to see the perspective of a non-military captain. I also like that Jake was the one to introduce him.

I could accept Sisko forgiving her. He even have her a chance to escape to see if she'd take it. Escaping would have meant never seeing him again, so she came back to serve her time.