Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: And the High Hookup

Max pursues Nashit, a handsome new waiter at The High, despite Joe’s “no hook-up” rule.

He was handsome, but that accent... that accent! It couldn't be real, right? I've heard Irish people talk, in Ireland. It was nothing like that. 

His imdb.com profile does not specify Austin Falk's country of origin. I thought the accent sounded kind of fake too. For once I found Sophie kind of funny, her reaction to him in his booth was making me giggle. "Is he singing?"

• Love 1

I wasn't a fan of this episode. I never like it when Max and Caroline are written as if they aren't human beings, and their behaviour here lacked much humanity for me to care or believe in what was going on - why is it funny (or make any sense) that they'd point and laugh at a grease fire starting in the kitchen rather than try and put it out? Why is Han the butt of the joke in the scene for reacting like a normal person would and freaking out that there's a kitchen fire? I get that they're not supposed to love their jobs at the diner, but if they care that little, it makes me go down the rabbit hole of wondering, why do they stay (especially if they have better jobs now at the High),and why does Han still keep them around? I thought the subplot with Han spying on them at the High would at least end with some sort of redeeming moment to re-establish the friendly love/hate relationship the girls have with him (and remind me that I'm supposed to like them), but the ending still felt mean-spirited.

I also didn't get how "We're doing it!" was supposed to be funny, or ever passed as a joke. And repeating it only made it less funny, like a desperate attempt to try and convince me that if I hear it enough times over, I'll eventually laugh.

Last thought: Not looking forward to Nashit in a recurring role as the new busser. I think adding a new character is a step in the right direction, but I want someone smarter who can be a friend to the girls, offer a counter point to them, bring something new to the ensemble. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but this kid feels like a one-dimensional waste of a character that doesn't add much and has little room to go anywhere interesting.

I shouldn't care this much about this show, but for some reason I'd still like for it to get better.

• Love 2
On 4/21/2015 at 10:17 AM, bamlouie said:

ILast thought: Not looking forward to Nashit in a recurring role as the new busser. I think adding a new character is a step in the right direction, but I want someone smarter who can be a friend to the girls, offer a counter point to them, bring something new to the ensemble. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but this kid feels like a one-dimensional waste of a character that doesn't add much and has little room to go anywhere interesting.

I shouldn't care this much about this show, but for some reason I'd still like for it to get better.

That's why I liked Deke and Andy.  They were nice guys who genuinely cared about the girls and wanted to date them for THEM and were smart.  I used to wish the show would get better as well because it's politically incorrect, but it kept missing the mark and never reached where it could have gone.