Type keyword(s) to search

The Couples And Families: Tradition Is Everything

The most loveable couple on the show isn't even one of the three the show is meant to document, it's Michael and Nina, Christian's parents. They are so cute together. I love how they know each other so well and finish each other's sentences. It's like they share a brain. Plus, Nina is GORGEOUS!!!

• Love 4

I'm not nearly as big a fan of Michael and Nina as ralph.  I've binged through the first seven episodes and Nina has yet to maintain a difference of opinion from Michael for longer than 0.002 seconds.  For example, when she actually has the good sense to question whether Peter's ready for marriage, Michael says, "He's ready" and she immediately says, "You're right, he's ready."  Uh huh, that kid's about as ready for marriage as a goldfish.

I just watched her try to talk to her spoiled little toddler-man, Christian, about Maria and he shut her down exactly the way he shuts down Maria!  That little shit's go-to argument is "STOP YELLING AT ME!" when neither his mother nor his wife has raised her voice at all.  But it's a clever technique because then the whole argument becomes about what shrews these women are.  It was scary watching Nina wilt in the face of her petulant 17-year old son.

I think it's possible Christian has never once in his whole life seen a woman stand up to a man and voice disagreement, let alone win an argument, with logic and reason or any other way.

• Love 2

I'm glad we get 3 new couples with this one and don't have to see the same ones from last time. I agree with you candall about Michael and Nina. I actually started finding them more annoying then anything. I know with how they are women are suppose to just be there for the men when wanted/needed and cook/clean/etc. If you have daughters they are taught to be this way as well and married off to whoever they decide is a best fit for you. They are all to young when they get married IMO. The way Maria and Christian both behaved showed it. I think even how Michael and Nina act shows they were too. Maybe not all act that way when it happens and this was more for tv...I don't know but no matter its so young to be married and then pushed to have babies. I started feeling also as if the show was becoming more about Michael and Nina then Christian and Maria. Same with Veeral's sister and his family. I think a few of the family members started to want in on more of this then the couples did after awhile and hoped to get something out of it (maybe their own shows??). BTW, they will have a little thing before the new season of the show about the first 3 couples and update on them. Anyway, I look forward to the show tonight and seeing about each couple. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

BTW, they will have a little thing before the new season of the show about the first 3 couples and update on them. Anyway, I look forward to the show tonight and seeing about each couple. 

I pretty much lost this whole day because I kept coming back to check on these people Maria.  The commercial keeps playing with the update that yippee, Maria had a baby.  And that depresses me--like she had her leg caught in a bear trap that finally snapped shut the final inch.  Fate, sealed.

I don't know why she affected me so much.  I just got the sense that she could have flourished under different circumstances.  She might have enjoyed school, she might have had a successful career, she might have been a Romani wife STAR (with a different husband.)  Just a lot of unrealized potential.

• Love 6

Wonder when they filmed that little update. They hadn't posted a thing about the baby at all or I would think it would have been on here. I had to go check when it was mentioned that there was going to be a new season. I was curious about that. I just find it strange they wouldn't have put that out there and a picture. Its also strange that the new mother isn't "allowed" to leave the home for 6 weeks. I would have gone nuts if I was stuck inside like that with a baby.  

I do agree about how she might have been if she hadn't been made to marry Christian or so young at all. I just felt for her in that manner that she is forced to do this and raised to do this. I feel for any girl that is stuck in that situation. Then to top it off have to live with his parents as they do and deal with how they are as well. Its a rough deal. Sure they might be raised in that kind of life but it doesn't mean they don't dream of more for themselves. Why else would so many run off as they do at some point in time to marry someone not in their culture or for whatever reason. I think with Maria she would love to be able to make her own money and not ask for it or be given some little amount while he is off spending like crazy. I do think there is so much more to her but sadly their culture doesn't allow that for the women a lot of times. Yet at the same time I find it a bit strange how different people in that same culture are with the women and that they are working and its ok.  

I am actually annoyed that we have been told that the baby has been born but nothing else about it.  From following twitter feeds, it seems to me the network has insisted that the Millers not even provide a due date. At one point Nina or Michael did respond to someone that the baby was due at the end of April.   I hope that the secrecy is just to create audience suspense and not because there is a health problem with the baby.  Maybe on the final "Arranged Life" we will get to see Maria and learn if the baby was male or female, what he/she has been named, etc.  Maybe there is actually no baby at all, though at one point Christian did complain about how much he had had to spend on the "upcoming" baby.  I certainly hope that everything is OK.  

• Love 1