Type keyword(s) to search

I thought they totally didn't jibe in terms of canon. Goren worked like hell in therapy to ensure he kept his career as a detective - and even risked his friendship with Alex in S7 during his suspension so he could be reinstated - and he chucked it all to go to freaking Maine to write?!

No way.

I know therapy was all "man before job", but I still never bought it...or the bare contact Alex described.

And so I don't acknowledge the SVU appearances and leave Bobby and Alex's fates at CI's ending.

Warren Leight crapped on things for no reason - or to give Alex something to bond with Olivia over and bleah. So not worth it.

Perhaps he felt like it was the right time for leaving the NYPD, and I can't really argue on that. But the idea of him leaving NY as well sounds a little twisted... We went from "too much focused on the job" to "I don't care about it anymore" in no time. In my opinion show-runners should have deepened this passage with another mini-series, a tv movie or something like that.

Btw, who came out with the whole "writing-in-Maine" story? As far as I recall, Alex just told Olivia that he left and it was like they were married; I don't remember any reference to Maine. But I may be wrong.

What was the pourpose in giving Alex that connection with SVU? It's not even a crossover episode because there's no LOCI in that; there's SVU with an additional member that doesn't work for MCS anymore.

Useless.

Big money involved?

Perhaps he felt like it was the right time for leaving the NYPD, and I can't really argue on that. But the idea of him leaving NY as well sounds a little twisted... We went from "too much focused on the job" to "I don't care about it anymore" in no time. In my opinion show-runners should have deepened this passage with another mini-series, a tv movie or something like that.

Btw, who came out with the whole "writing-in-Maine" story? As far as I recall, Alex just told Olivia that he left and it was like they were married; I don't remember any reference to Maine. But I may be wrong.

What was the pourpose in giving Alex that connection with SVU? It's not even a crossover episode because there's no LOCI in that; there's SVU with an additional member that doesn't work for MCS anymore.

Useless.

Big money involved?

I'm guessing, since Warren Leight is now EP of SVU and was EP for S6 and S7 of CI, he figured he'd use an existing character in the universe for Olivia to talk to? Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine!

As for the Maine/writing deal, I think, maybe in guest appearance #2, Alex made a remark that Bobby was 800 pages in with his writing or something, but don't hold me to it.  :-)

ETA: I tweaked the thread title since there was another Alex, Alex Cabot, on SVU, to I added the full name to differentiate.

(edited)

And so I don't acknowledge the SVU appearances and leave Bobby and Alex's fates at CI's ending.

Warren Leight crapped on things for no reason - or to give Alex something to bond with Olivia over and bleah. So not worth it.

AFAIC, I do.  It's there, it was said, it was seen, I'm cool with all of it.

And if the final bonding scene in her first appearance gave you a coronary, then I don't see how it did.  I don't think Eames hinted at any feelings for Goren at all.  Just that they worked together so in tune with one another that it was like the way a married couple could and should work together.  It didn't really tell me that she wanted to be married to him.  Just like their dynamic felt like very platonic life partners.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Now with that said, when Cragen introduced her to the SVU squad, I don't know how Olivia already knew she'd been Major Case.  The two squads had never met prior to then.

Edited by Donny Ketchum

AFAIC, I do.  It's there, it was said, it was seen, I'm cool with all of it.

And if the final bonding scene in her first appearance gave you a coronary, then I don't see how it did.  I don't think Eames hinted at any feelings for Goren at all.  Just that they worked together so in tune with one another that it was like the way a married couple could and should work together.  It didn't really tell me that she wanted to be married to him.  Just like their dynamic felt like very platonic life partners.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Now with that said, when Cragen introduced her to the SVU squad, I don't know how Olivia already knew she'd been Major Case.  The two squads had never met prior to then.

I don't care if Goren and Eames were just friends or more or not. That isn't my main issue here. I still think the appearances crapped on CI canon, if just for Bobby in absentia. Because he loved that job. Too much? Perhaps. But it was shown throughout the series that he liked the puzzles and the thrill of the chase and fought the suits again and again to stay on that job. He even returned after being fired. (Okay, that was because VDO/KE came back, but in the scheme of things, Bobby did return because, again, he loved profiling. He had a passion for it.) It had nothing to do with the Eames dynamic as much as it seemed to totally change Goren off screen. And for what? So Alex and Olivia could bond over lost partners? Bobby loved books, sure. But I just don't buy him becoming some reclusive author, running to Maine. That's my take on it. You don't have to agree with it. And if you wish to acknowledge Alex Eames on SVU? Cool! But I think it's crap and I'll always think it's crap. So, again, for me, the Eames stuff on SVU isn't acknowledged by me. I choose to believe G/E were still solving cases and going on, just as CI ended it.

Shrug. Just seemed dumb and like a waste to me. Alex could have shown up on SVU without crapping on CI's ending and its characters in the process.

Shrug. Just seemed dumb and like a waste to me. Alex could have shown up on SVU without crapping on CI's ending and its characters in the process.

*Shrug back*  Again, I don't really care.  CI was over and not coming back by that point, so I could care less what happened after the ending.  Probably helps I didn't care for Goren, anyway, so I probably didn't mind for that reason.

Toamto, tomahto then and all's fine. I can ignore it, you can like it, and we're both happy in the end. Probably doesn't help that I feel about Olivia like you feel about Goren, so...

*Shrug back*  Again, I don't really care.  CI was over and not coming back by that point, so I could care less what happened after the ending.  Probably helps I didn't care for Goren, anyway, so I probably didn't mind for that reason.

I'm still childlishly hoping in a G/E reunion...

But let's be real, how many chances are there that's going to happen?

*sadness*

I'm still childlishly hoping in a G/E reunion...

But let's be real, how many chances are there that's going to happen?

*sadness*

Yeah, I don't see that happening. While VDO seemed appreciative of the fans and seemed willing to talk about his time on the show in old YT videos, he also seemed glad to be moving on.

It'll be interesting to see him as the villain in Daredevil, with that said! :-)

Yeah, I don't see that happening. While VDO seemed appreciative of the fans and seemed willing to talk about his time on the show in old YT videos, he also seemed glad to be moving on.

It'll be interesting to see him as the villain in Daredevil, with that said! :-)

Some time ago, I saw an interview on YT where he said he'd be more than happy to bring Bobby back on screen if asked... I guess we'll just have to wait "Mr Big Money" to ask him.

It may happen sooner than we think; i read they're already thinking about a commemorative Law&Order mothership mini-series. If it'll work show-buisness people may decide to invest more in revivals (aren't they alredy doing it with X-files?)

If they tried to close the whole LOCI universe with two crappy cameos and a few lines, well, they gotmit wrong. I can't deny those episodes ever aired, I can't avoid acknowledging them, but I also can't accept them.

Everything is reboot crazy these days! But the L&O idea isn't finalized: NBC is just looking at the idea. (Time will tell if it goes anywhere. But S. Epatha Merkerson is now attached to another Dick Wolf show, so...)

Nothing wrong with hope, though.  :-)