Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: With Fewer Screams

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

So, I've been wondering about the whole greek system thing in universities.. is it actually as big a deal as tv and movies make it out to be? Also are the houses really like that, especially in Scream Queens, Chanel's room is freaking massive! I assume they're usually somewhat smaller.

So, I've been wondering about the whole greek system thing in universities.. is it actually as big a deal as tv and movies make it out to be? Also are the houses really like that, especially in Scream Queens, Chanel's room is freaking massive! I assume they're usually somewhat smaller.

No. Absolutely not. I speak as an alumna of a sorority. Most rooms are crammed with bunkbeds and desks. Usually, only the president has a single room. However, it's not unusual for sisters to borrow each other's clothes (with permission). How big Greek life really depends on the campus. On SEC campuses it's a bigger deal than, say, New York or Vermont. Also, I've yet to see recruitment/rush portrayed accurately on TV or film. Most of the folks who've written this stuff aren't Greek and may not have even asked someone who was about the whole thing. However, Skylar Samuels is a Kappa Alpha Theta at Stanford. She'd know how it really works.

The movie Sorority Row did this so much better.

I really enjoyed that movie! I have low expectations for horror realised in the last 10 years or so though. They totally copied that with a little House Bunny (Hester in a neck brace ala Rumer Willis' character) for good measure.

• Love 1