Type keyword(s) to search

What Would You Name This Show?

Driad

IMO, "Castle" is not a good name for this show.  Naming a show after one character can be very limiting if the actor leaves, or an on-screen relationship is not convincing, etc.  Not to mention that "Castle" sounds like a PBS special on how to build a medieval fortification.

If you had been in charge of this show before it ever aired, what would you call it?  What are your criteria for a good name for a show?

I might choose something like "Writer and Muse," which is descriptive and still allows replacing an actor if necessary.  Hoping you have better ideas.

Actually if either Writer or Muse leaves, the show's name is still questionable. I have always been partial to "Murder, He Wrote" but it smells of fanfiction and still doesn't allow for an actor replacement, if that's our main goal.

Actually if either Writer or Muse leaves, the show's name is still questionable. I have always been partial to "Murder, He Wrote" but it smells of fanfiction and still doesn't allow for an actor replacement, if that's our main goal.

Not to mention that being much too close to Murder, She Wrote in title.

I think Castle is fine, actually. I don't think a title has to be a descriptive and there are plenty of other shows that are named after characters - House and Bones comes to mind. Or even Grey's Anatomy, and there was even a discussion when Ellen Pompeo's contract was up to be renegotiation/resigned what should happen if she opted to leave.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 3

If you had been in charge of this show before it ever aired, what would you call it?

Whatever the network asked me to so that I could get my pilot picked up!:)

ETA:  A bit more seriously, Fillion was the known quantity when the pilot was shopped, it made sense to me that it would be named after his lead character.  Also, I don't know about when they decided that "Richard Castle" would actually write books in a cross-market sales effort, but if that was something thought of at the beginning of the series, it makes sense to get the "Castle" name out there so folks would recognize it in books stores once they started tapping into that spinoff market.

Edited by pennben